A Question Jehovah's Witnesses Can't Answer (Clay Jones)

I saw Dr. Clay Jones at a recent Christian apologetics conference in San Diego, California. My friend Clay has an article on his website titled “A Question the Jehovah’s Witnesses Can’t Answer” (LINK: https://www.clayjones.net/2010/08/a-question-the-jehovah’s-witnesses-can’t-answer/). Since I haven’t had many discussions with Jehovah’s Witnesses, I asked Clay if he could make the same point in a video. What do you think? Does the theology of “the Watchtower” line up with the theology of the Bible? Do JWs promote monotheism or polytheism? Does the JW New World Translation’s claim that Jesus is “a god” (John 1:1) line up with the rest of the New Testament? Let me know in the comments section.

Dr. Clay Jones is a professor at Biola University. Here’s his website: https://www.clayjones.net/

#JehovahsWitnesses #ClayJones #Apologetics

Any Jehovah’s Witnesses in the comments section? How would you reply to Clay Jones?

Questions the WT & JWs can’t answer? Why won’t you acknowledge the fact that fifteen percent of all nursing human mothers have whole blood in their mother’s milk that their babies drink? Since this is a natural & normal occurrence, it does not hurt the baby. There are human babies including JW infants drinking blood every day the world over. Why do you disrespect the fact God designed babies & mothers & milk? You don’t know more than God, so you?
Next, why do you disrespect Jesus Christ who taught LIFE BEFORE LAW? Remember the bull that fell into the pit on the sabbath?
Re-think the blood issue & how the organization interprets it.

You are using sophistry. There is only one Almighty God: Jehovah. Any other gods are subordinate.

Everyone should check out YouTube channel “Light over dark ministry.” He takes up a number of JW issues in individual short videos. They’re excellent.

This is not bad. I’m going to try this out in…2.8 hours

Jehovah is the creator Jesus is the only son. _Bible

Thank you for sharing this video God bless you :pray::heart:

In a letter to the church at Colossae, the Apostle Paul gave an intriguing description of Jesus. In it, he explained Christ’s relationship to God the Father and to creation. Some have claimed that Paul’s description of Christ as the firstborn of creation means that Jesus was created—not eternal, not God. Such a doctrine, however, conflicts with the rest of the Bible. Christ could not be both Creator and created; John 1 clearly names Him Creator. Let’s take a careful look at the passage where Jesus is called the firstborn.

Colossians 1:15-21
“And He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities — all things have been created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; so that He Himself might come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.”

Jesus is God
Christ’s relationship to His Father begins with the phrase “the image of the invisible God.” The word “image,” meaning copy or likeness, expresses Christ’s deity. This word involves more than a resemblance, more than a representation. He is God! Although He took on human form, He has the exact nature of His Father (Hebrews 1:3).

The “Word” of John 1:1 is a divine Person, not a philosophical abstraction. In the incarnation, the invisible God became visible in Christ; deity was clothed with humanity (Matthew 17:2). God is in Christ: visible, audible, approachable, knowable, and available. All that God is, Christ is.

Jesus is Lord of Creation
The description “firstborn of all creation” speaks of Christ’s preexistence. He is not a creature but the eternal Creator (John 1:10). God created the world through Christ and redeemed the world through Christ (Hebrews 1:2-4).

Note that Jesus is called the firstborn, not the first-created. The word “firstborn” (Greek word “prototokos”) signifies priority. In the culture of the Ancient Near East, the firstborn was not necessarily the oldest child. firstborn referred not to birth order but to rank. The firstborn possessed the inheritance and leadership.

Therefore, the phrase expresses Christ’s sovereignty over creation. After resurrecting Jesus from the dead, God gave Him authority over the Earth (Matthew 28:18). Jesus created the world, saved the world, and rules the world. He is the self-existent, acknowledged Head of creation.

Finally, the phrase recognizes Him as the Messiah: “I will make Him [Christ] My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth” (Psalm 89:27).

Six times the Lord Jesus is declared to be the firstborn of God (see Romans 8:29; Colossians 1:15, 18; Hebrews 1:6; 12:23; Revelation 1:5). These passages declare the preexistence, the sovereignty, and the redemption that Christ offers.

Thus, the phrase “firstborn of all creation” proclaims Christ’s preeminence. As the eternal Son of God, He created the universe. He is the Ruler of creation!

John 1:1

Well doesn’t this proof make them false prophets???

I would just shut the door and stop wasting my time with these people.

I’d like to answer Clay Jones. It’ll be a long read as I cannot make a video.

John 1:1 is one of those verses you’d have to understand by understanding other concepts unless you’d want to be misinterpreting. Now this is why.

Read Mathew 3:17. At Jesus baptism, a voice from heaven said about Jesus:, “This is my son!”
Read Mathew 17:5. Again the voice says about Jesus: This is my son… Listen to him.

Now if we are to listen to Jesus as the voice said, what did Jesus say about who true worshippers are?

Read: John 4 : 23. Jesus said, True worshippers will worship the father! How come he didn’t say True worshippers will worship me?

Assuming we’re getting on the same page, now let’s look at this next.

Why did Jesus come to earth?

John 7:16 answers: He was sent to teach
John 12:49: Jesus said the Father sent him and the things he teaches are from the father! No wonder in John 7:33 Jesus said he is returning to the one who sent him! You might also read John 5:30!

Read the conversation between Jesus and Peter at Mathew 16:13-20. Jesus asked, who do men say I am? Read the response of Jesus to Peter’s reply.

Finally, back to John 1:1. How can we understand it in light of all of this? We have clearly seen a serious distinction between Jesus and the Father. Those are two separate entities. Who would be almighty God between them the son? Or the father? You be the judge of that.

The problem at John 1:1 is that of translation. The correct thing is The word was a god! (I enjoin you to do a research on that). Of course Jesus was a god. Even humans see a lot of celebrities as gods because they perform unimaginable feats! Think of it this way, a king sent his son (a prince) to a new kingdom to form an alliance with them. The son is not expected to use force but to teach the smaller kingdom about the benefits of being under the kings government.

As the prince speaks , he’ll always allude to the father, directing men to the father, the king. Let’s say he shows the father’s strength in a few ways, for e.g giving them basic amenities they didn’t have, etc people in their excitement can say, this one is a king! Without necessarily meaning the prince father is no longer king or is now a smaller king. Of course the prince can be called a king without the father losing his position. Will you say the prince is a false king? (If it seeks to replace the father, yes!, But if you mean by virtue of his princeship he can be called a king, then no!). There’s only one true king remember. That is why John 1:1 is correctly rendered, the word was a god in the original text. The original text does not say the word was God as is falsely translated in many versions of the Bible. I hope that makes sense.

However, if you feel, the word was God is correct, how then do you distinguish the son from the father? Or would the son be God and the father be what?

Remember this was the same father Jesus prayed to for strength to face the things to happen next in Gethsemane.

You should also remember that Jesus didn’t resurrect himself, but the father did! Read Acts 2:32!!!

So if you still think John 1:1 is correctly rendered the word was God meaning the word was the father, I hope you can explain that in light of all the above information.

If you want us to discuss further, be sure to leave a comment, and we can share contacts and discuss on more favourable platforms, possibly WhatsApp. I’m willing to answer questions aimed at understanding and not discrediting.

Satan is NOT a God. He’s an angel who rebelled.

“Lucifer thou wast perfect on the day I CREATED thee”

They have no idea. Deuteronomy 6:4 clearly says “Hear oh Israel, Yahweh your God, Yahweh is ehad.” Ehad is used to indicate unity, just like in Genesis 2:24: "For this cause a man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife and they TWO shall become ehad flesh. There’s more than one Yahweh in the Old Testament so they have a huge problem.

Watchtower Society is nothing more than a rationalist society trying to fit God in their own rationalist mindset. Hence they naturally have difficulty accepting a lot of things about the nature of God. They have the exact control patterns of Communism.

The word was with God not God enough said…john 1:18

Sounds good,… but I’ll never remember all of this.

as a Jehovah wittiness this is so easy to answer back

its depends on what bible you are using, and you might ask why does it matter what bible im using, it matters because evil people/used by Satan rearranged the words so then its sounds like its saying Jesus is god which is false Jehovah is gods name and is god and his son is jesus