Bart Ehrman Shocks Everyone When He Admits THIS about Christmas (David Wood)

Bart Ehrman used to be a devout follower of Jesus Christ, dedicating much of his life to studying the New Testament. He later abandoned Christianity and became an agnostic after concluding that the amount of human and animal suffering in the world makes no sense if the world is governed by an omnipotent, loving God. Nevertheless, Ehrman sometimes makes candid admissions about what he thinks about Christianity. For instance, in a Facebook post, Ehrman wrote:

"The God of Christmas is not a God of wrath, judgment, sin, punishment, or vengeance. He is a God of love, who wants the best for people and gives of himself to bring peace, joy, and redemption. That’s a great image of a divine being. This is not a God who is waiting for you to die so he can send you into eternal torment. It is a God who is concerned for you and your world, who wants to solve your problems, heal your wounds, remove your pain, bring you joy, peace, happiness, healing, and wholeness. Can’t we keep that image with us all the time? Can’t we affirm that view of ultimate reality 52 weeks of the year instead of just a few?

I myself do not believe in God. But if I did, that would be the God I would defend, promote, and proclaim. Enough of war! Enough of starvation! Enough of epidemics! Enough of pain! Enough of misery! Enough of abject loneliness! Enough of violence, hatred, narcissism, self-aggrandizement, and suffering of every kind! Give me the God of Christmas, the God of love, the God of an innocent child in a manger, who comes to bring salvation and wholeness to the world, the way it was always meant to be."

David Wood (Acts 17 Apologetics) discusses Ehrman’s comments about Jesus and the God of Christmas. Being aware of people’s attitudes towards relevant issues can impact our evangelism.

PATREON: David Wood is creating EPIC videos | Patreon
SUBSCRIBESTAR: David Wood on SubscribeStar
STORE: https://teespring.com/stores/acts-17-merch
PAYPAL: PayPal.Me
BITCHUTE: DavidWoodVideos

#BartEhrman #Christmas #DavidWood

Ever wonder why Bart Ehrman doesn’t talk about the Quran? He tells us in this 45-second video: - YouTube

I’m not Muslim but, Allah means God. Christians in Arabia call God Allah.

God isn’t a name and neither is Allah. It’s everything and everywhere. Why is it that every culture has many words for some unseen creator? We already know before we are born. We come here to figure it out on our own. It’s not truly a test if you have a cheat sheet. We must leave our memories behind.

Humanity is slowly figuring it out. We’re working on slavery and trying to treat animals better. Over time we’ll get there. Love your enemy, indeed, love everything.

Christmas is pagan

ALLAH DOES NOT LOVE MOHAMED BECOUSE HE WAS A SINNER ACORDING QURAN .OR DOES ALLAH LOVES MOHAMED AND HATES OTHER SINNERS ???

God bless you brother David that is awesome.!

Bart Ehrmann and Michael Heiser need to do a debate

Adam and Eve sinned. Just ate fruits, didn’t kill or harm anyone. That’s such a big crime that your ‘merciful’ God, can’t forgive them and curses them that due to this eating fruit thing, man had to suffer upto eternity. What kind of Shylock God is this? Thats not being merciful and just at all! And to cancel this, God sends his innocent son, which is He himself somehow- all in one, and his innocent god-son is dragged and killed by humans and he cries- oh God why have you forsaken me??? Where is mercy and love? It’s payment by blood of an innocent man !! That doesn’t make any sense man. Come on.

You are not watching or listening to Bart Ehrman if you think he misses Jesus. You appear to be misrepresenting. I am unimpressed

Bart never mentioned the name Jesus in his Christmas God.

Admitting to be a psychopath! Yup, thatz admitting to a P.O.V. that excludes all dissenting P.O.V’s. Therein lies the prob with religion.

Would love to see a debate (or a conversation) between you and Bart, David.

Faith hope and charity abide these three,Bart seems to have them all

Along with our dear brother David, may I also wish you dear brother Bart, a blessed merry Christmas. May our loving God, bless you. Your works dear Bart, to be honest has multiplied my faith in Jesus and I thank you sincerely for this.

Merry Christmas to you and Ehrman.

I’m not sure it’s a good thing that so many atheists say they “miss Jesus”. If they knew how demanding of loyalty and self sacrifice Jesus was, I doubt most would care for Him.
The fake Jesus they approve of, the one who overlooks their own sins while condemning the people they don’t like, is not the Jesus of the Bible.

Is he really a God of :heart:?
We read in I Samuel 15:3, the prophet Samuel gives King Saul this commandment from the Lord: “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
There many many more of these type of verses in which they do not describe the God you speaking about as a God of love!!

How come God is similar to God’s creatures how can Jesus a dog die?

Fantastic, as usual. Thanks!

Well said, David Wood. I have learned much from your ministry. God bless you and your family. Have an enjoyable 2022