Can One Man Die for the Sins of Others?

One of the most common objections to the Christian Gospel is that it would be immoral or unjust for God to punish Jesus for the sins of others. Can we make sense of the Christian concept of atonement? David Wood, Michael Brown, and William Lane Craig offer some points to think about.

For another response to the Muslim objection, be sure to watch “How Could God Punish Jesus for the Sins of Others”: - YouTube

#GoodFriday #Crucifixion #Jesus

The absurdity and stupidity of this belief. What is the need to live a moral and ethical life if you have this stupid belief.

Very easy to understand and easy to explain

still does not make any sense

This is beautiful. I miss you Nabeel.

MUSLIMS WAKE UP!
V2:41 allah asked christian and jews to confirm the quran with the scriptures with them. Will allah advised such if the past scriptures available then were corrupted? Definitely not. V4:136, muslims should believe in past scriptures: torah, prophets, psalms, gospel. Why should allah ask you to believe corrupted scriptures, it is impossible. V10:94 If you have doubt in the quran check past scriptures. Let’s look at past scriptures then. Jesus talked about love and peace and allegedly mohammed was supposed to be following what came before yet he openly contradicted the Gospel.

JESUS IS GOD!
Jesus was always one with the Father, so before coming to us in flesh, Jesus was revealing Himself through the Father.
John 10: 30 ”The Father and I are one.” John 14:8-11 “‘Philip,’ Jesus replied, ‘after I have been with you all this time, you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.’

Jesus has always been there and He is here now, as he said in John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM”

As you can see, even Jews understood that Jesus is one with the Father and always was and is with the Father, which makes him older than Abraham and more than just a prophet. He IS the one who was talking to Adam, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and others. He revealed himself to Moses as I AM and read John 8:58 again, Jesus says I AM.

Please I know u are a preacher to Muslims, God as sent u to show them the light of Jesus but do this videos more sir

This powerful :sob::sob:

Thank you for sharing the gospel.

I don’t understand how anyone just can’t understand why God would use Jesus to die for our sins.

As one who grew up in Judaism it is true there is a well-known saying in Judaism that the righteous atone for the iniquities of the generation

This video should hv more views than it does. The very clear false prophet Mo (or as I like to call him “anti-Christ” has helped me see more clearly! my need for Christ and His precious sacrifice for me. I would never be able to pay for my many sins! Not in a miĺlion years! Thank you Jesus!! Thank YOU!! Praying for all those who are still in darkness and following that illiterate, 7th century caravan robber and pedophile

Thank you for this video, David Wood, your perspective on this subject is thought-provoking. I have some questions you or for any Christian that sees this comment and wants to answer. If God is all knowing, and therefor knew that humans were going to sin and that Jesus was going to be sacrificed to forgive these sins, why didn’t he just stop humans from sinning in the first place? Although I agree that it is generous and selfless for Jesus to take the sins away from humans by sacrificing himself, why did sins have to be forgiven in this manner? Couldn’t God just snap his fingers to make all sins forgiven, since he is God and makes all of the rules? Yes, I understand that during the time period that Jesus was cruxified, crimes were accounted for by death, which was explained in this video. I understand that that was the way things were done in that time period and that the Old Testament (correct me if I’m wrong) alluded to human sacrifice being needed to forgive sins. However, God is in control of everything, so he could have made it where sins could be forgiven in some other manner. Why was human sacrifice the chosen method of forgiveness by God if he could have chosen any type of method? So, not only could he have made it where humans don’t sin, which he knew was going to happen, but he also created the rules where he would have to come to Earth as a human and kill his physical human body in order for those sins to be forgiven, which he also knew was going to happen. Why was a human sacrifice needed? Why couldn’t God just say “you’re forgiven” and we be forgiven? Also, if the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross forgave humans for their sins, why is there still a Hell? If humans have been forgiven for their wrongdoings by God/Jesus, why are some sent to Hell? How are humans forgiven and loved if we are sent to Hell if we don’t believe in God/Jesus? Did Jesus only die for some people’s sins, specifically the sins of people who aren’t going to Hell? Lastly, why is it that a person can live a generally moral life and can even live a life that would be considered “Christ-like” in behavior, such as by being forgiving and selfless etc, yet go to Hell if they don’t believe in God or don’t believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins? I understand that nobody is perfect but I don’t understand how a moral and ethical nonbeliever can go to Hell while someone who lived a more unethical life can go to Heaven if they are a believer. If someone would like to comment with their answers and perspectives, I’m open to hearing people’s thoughts and opinions. I’m not writing this comment to be argumentative, I am geniuely interested in hearing what people have to say. Sorry this comment is so long.

Brother David: March 6th, 2004 was a Saturday! ! ! :blush:

Great illustration! If Muslims could understand these, their eyes will be open to the truth

25 days later
I’m born …

I hate making this type of quick in & out comment, but I’m hoping to come back to it in a few days. I’m not here to disrespect anyone’s claims, but do have specific, practical knowledge regarding one particular example. Specifically much of the western legal system’s theories regarding liability. Including civil liability yes, but assuredly, aggressively, and comprehensively attempts for vicariously criminal liability (you may analogize that to “sin”?) is not only prohibited, (full-stop) but also quite punishable if detected.
And in civil matters, specifically in the examples referred to, I think we can agree that any responsibility shouldered by a 3rd-party (usually a Corp) would by no means become a voluntary, common practice without state intervention & enforcement. Regardless of having an otherwise clearly documented history, including in scripture.
I’m quite tired & wish I had a quick, helpful summation here. If I were to try I’d say this:

1. Civil: this would not otherwise be a voluntary act (tho I’m sure there are some out there who would do their best minus the law.
  2. Criminal: while likely voluntary, it necessarily would involve even more deception to the public. Not to mention lack of true justice.
    I’m not entirely sure if this contradicts the basic theological argument, but it “feels” like it does. No?
    Regardless, intended as good faith Intro info tool. For you to dig deeper if you please. Or not. But as is, someone with just 1st year law might trip this example up one day. And perhaps there’s a better route to pursue?
    But that is not my role. Your channel is for me to listen, not to teach or lecture. Most lawyers don’t ever(ever!) give oral arguments. And that definitely befits me. You’re a much better speaker/teacher.
    It would be helpful to elaborate more, but man, if long comments weren’t bad enough…who wants legal theory as even more filler?! Hopefully I did slightly more than bore. One can hope.
    Peace, thanks and Merry Christmas!

This is succinct :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Two additional points:

1. In the doctrine of substitutionary atonement, the punishment is not just given to anybody else, but to the person that the wrong was ultimately against–God himself. God and we are able to forgive those who wrong us, but it comes at a personal cost in accordance with how bad the wrong was.
  2. Who gets to decide what is morally right and wrong? Isn’t it the “judge”, God himself? We approach the question backwards by saying, “I don’t think it’s fair”, rather than, “who decides if it’s fair”?

I don’t understand how this isn’t one of the most viewed videos?:sleepy: