Daniel Wallace on Islam and the New Testament

Dr. Daniel Wallace is the executive director of the Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts and an expert in New Testament Greek and textual criticism. In this short interview, Dr. Wallace explains that there is nothing in the New Testament manuscript tradition that supports the Islamic view of Jesus, and that Muslims who believe that Jesus didn’t die on the cross, didn’t rise from the dead, and didn’t claim to be God must do so by blind faith, because the evidence completely contradicts their view.

Hmm the prophet died in ~632 C.E. and Quran was written on ~750 C.E. According to the islamic tradition, people started memorizing as the revelation came down from God since the whole didn’t come in a single shot… so some x years during prophet time and twenty plus years after people memorized word for word. Logically if the newly written had anything missed in it and added or or it would have caught by the memorizers. Something doesn’t add up, whilst the bible was never memorized then and i am thinking even today I am not sure if even the pop memorized it word for word.

Christians are hilariously terrible at researching historical documents. It’s rather obvious the four gospels were written after Paul’s letters.

Hehehehe. Laugh of your self. Dudy

Islam its a nightmare for you Mr Davie. Its done. Daniel Waace declared it and that’s news statement being corrupted. What re you waiting for.

Why is this age restricted?

Two of my favorite people!!! Lol

“Age-restricted video” !!
LOL. Soon they will have “Muslim restricted video”.

Dr Sami Ameri in his book hunting for the Word Of God refuted Daniel Wallace. He doesn’t understand the science in the transmission of the Quran. All Uthman did is limit certain readings but he preserved a lot of them in the consonantal text that we find in the 10 readings. 1 reading is enough you don’t need all of them. I just wanted to correct Wallace on that. Nothing against him
Thank you

Jesus never said he was god in any bible
Why do you keep searching for any word that describes jesus as god and still you can’t prove he was one
He was the messenger like moses and Jacob etc…
Why would everything they came with changes with the Christians

Help :
Both Christians and muslims stop me in my tracks with :-
See you know that Bible is corrupted right? Constantine edited everything, Pope’ edited here and there , dead sea scrolls have to many forgeries so on and so forth.

How do I constructively answer this for myself at least?

Always Good job Dr.David wood.

@Acts17Apologetics During this coronavirus, could you possibly contact Dr Daniel Wallace and do a video chat with him in regards to the Bible and it’s scholarly accuracy? I think this would be an incredible thing to watch. Especially since it’d clear things up for Muslims who are curious about if Islam is false and Christianity is true.

Muslims dont matter at all.

Innalilahi wa innailaihi rojiun, NT lost, so

I just love the irony in logical interpretation of the bible and trying to use logic and reason to compare them. If you take just one step back and use some objectivity the idea of God and Jesus as a miracle is clearly bullshit to sell a collection of stories and a self-help guide. A lot of great stories and moral teachings can be extracted and to live with the broader picture of morality and selflessness these books teach (Koran, Bible, etc) is a great idea but to literally believe in God or to tie your beliefs to minute details specific to the culture of the time is stupidity.

There is no historic fact for jesus as living person. Get this right .

Everyone believe apostle Paul corrupted christianity right in the beginning. That is the fact ,Christian prosecutor turned to founder of christianity, sounds not alright .

YEARLY CHRISTIANS SCHOLARS HAD DIFFERENT VIEWS BETWEEN THEM ABOUT THE BEING OF JESUS PBUH AND FOR CENTURIES THEY AND THEIR FOLLOWERS HELD THOSE THEORIES,AND THE THEORIES ABOVE MENTIONED DIFFER WITH THE NOWADAYS THEORY OF THE TRINITY.SO,THE REAL BEING OF JESUS BETWEEN THE CHRISTIANS IS NOT DEFINED IN THE PAST, IT IS NOT NOW, AND SURELY IN THE FUTURE WILL NOT BE DEFINED BECAUSE AFTER SOME TIME THE TRINITY THEORY WILL BE FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER THEORY AS THE TRINITY FOLLOWS THE EARLY CHRISTIAN THEORIES CONCERNING THE BEING OF JESUS PBUH.SO,THE CHRIATIANITY IS A UNDEFINED RELIGION AND OPEN FOR FUTURE THEORIES AND AS A RESULT, THE GENERATIONS OF THE CHRISTIANS WHO DIE ARE GONE AND WILL BE GONE FROM THIS WORLD WITH WRONG BELIEF IN JESUS,BECAUSE THE THOERIES WICH CONTRADICT EACH OTHER CANT BE ALL TRUE.

Great interview. God bless both of you. Amen