DEBATE: Does the Gospel of John Teach That Jesus Is God? (April 11, 8:00pm ET)

On April 11, 2020, at 8:00pm (Eastern Time), Trinitarian Anthony Rogers will debate Unitarian Andrew Griffin on the topic “Does the Gospel of John Teach That Jesus Is God?”

#AnthonyRogers #AndrewGriffin #Debate

Another heretic. “I am the beholder of a new revelation.” I have no sympathy. But I do appreciate your, Andrew, willingness to openly discuss your claimed new revealing. :wink:

Yet the Pharasees believed that when Jesus claimed to be " I Am" he was claiming to be God in the flesh, as well. That must be very weird to Andrew to read. :thinking:

If many emperors were given this very same title at the time, why don’t we see the Pharasees wanting to stone them to death for the very same thing, like in Jesus’ case :thinking:

This Andrew is hard to listen to he ask why call Jesus the Son? Well because God is a God of order and God in the 1st form in the natural realm without a body will be breaking his own law or rule…People This is why Jesus said those who truly follow me hear my voice. It is not hard to understand with the Holy Spirit. Ask yourself this do you follow him with heart or mind only

To cleverly deny the deity of The Lord Jesus Christ is a fatal doctrinal error. This is why Charles Russel, founder of J.W. was seen in hell along with denying hell.

Nobody who knows God would be a Unitarian, they are not Christian nor are they saved !!!

1 Jn 5:20. This is the true GOD and Eternal Life !!!

Anthony consistently outclasses everyone he debates. It’s almost not fair lol.

Jesus said only God is good, well was Jesus good while he was here on the earth, if yes then he is God, if he was not good then we should not follow him, He is God.

Andrew: believe so much in Philo
Anthony: believe in Jesus Christ

This should go viral, people need to understand more about Jesus in John’s Gospel. Thank you Anthony Rogers for a clear and deep explanation about deity of Christ. God Bless you!

Humans have been around for a long time - this proves Jesus didn’t exist before :person_facepalming:t2::person_facepalming:t2::person_facepalming:t2:

Andrew put me to sleep - that was the most boring debate I’ve seen - I really thought he was going to have some interesting points to think about :zzz:

‘Talk about extra biblical cult revelation.’ - Andrew sounds like he’s a rapper, repeating this over and over again.

That guy it’s not debating, and his attitude is not nice, I will not debate him if I were you, he’s not on your level!

David and Anthony should do more debates. Lockdowns globally makes for increased viewers.

John 1:1-5 KJV
Jesus the Living Word: The First Witness of John the Apostle,
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Lets look at verse 1-2:

Jesus Christ, Son of God-Eternal-Preexistent-Revelation: Christ is eternal.

Christ was preexistent. This means He was there before creation. He has always existed.

“in the beginning [en archei]” (Greek) does not mean ‘from’ the beginning. Jesus Christ was already there. He did not ‘become’; He was not created; He never had a beginning. He “was in the beginning with God” (see John 17:5; John 8:58).

John 17:5 KJV
5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 8:58 KJV
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Thank you both. But notice the confusion and contradiction of Andrew. He equates the angel of Genesis with an angel of ACTS. he claims one’s behavior shows one is a true Christian. Supposing belief in false christ has no ramifications. With that logic muslims are Christians too. They do believe he is the Messiah and many of them have great behavior. But they are not Christian.
There are so many false Christ’s. This unitarian doctrine is demonic. There is only one true Christ.

TITUS 2:13…“Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ”

HEBREWS 1:8…“But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.”

HEBREWS 1:3…“He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of HIS NATURE, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high”

2 PETER 1:1…“Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ”

Andrew, being subordinate to the Father does not diminish His nature. I being subordinate to my earthly father doesn’t make me an animal. I’m still of the same essence of my father. What it does is to reflect the image of the triune God; the relationship between the Persons of the Godhead.

I still wish Anthony would go on Pints with Aquinas. I really like the Australian guy whose name I forgot and wish someone with the type of knowledge Anthony has, can speak to him.

The Unitarian religion disagrees with all scriptures that are against perverse lifestyles.