DEBATE: Is Sharia Good for Humanity? (Perfect Dawah vs. David Wood)

Is Sharia (Islamic Law) good for humanity? David Wood and Mujtaba Roozbahani (Perfect Dawah) debate the evidence, with James (Modern-Day Debate) moderating.

Perfect Dawah’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi7K45YylGVleukL0Mp4ipA
Modern-Day Debate: https://www.youtube.com/c/ModernDayDebate

#Sharia #DavidWood #PerfectDawah

NOTE: James was traveling when he hosted this debate, and the Internet in his hotel fluctuated a bit. So there were several short skips in the video and several short breaks in the audio. But not much was lost, so . . . hope you enjoy the debate!

‘Is it good for a ‘religion’ to act like the Mafia’?
That sums up the whole debate right there…

I need English subtitle :frowning:

Well dude, you say that Allah and Muhammad allow marriage and sex. With girls before age puberty, going back with the Qur’an or hadith refutes your allegations
» Jami` at-Tirmidhi » The Book on Marriage - كتاب النكاح عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم » Hadith 1109

كتاب النكاح عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم

The Book on Marriage

(19)

Chapter: What Has Been Related About Coercing A Female Orphan To Marry

(19)

باب مَا جَاءَ فِي إِكْرَاهِ الْيَتِيمَةِ عَلَى التَّزْوِيجِ

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1109
Abu Hurairah narrated that:
The Messenger of Allah said: “An orphan is to be consulted about herself, then if she is silent that is her permission, and if she refuses, then do not authorize it (the marriage) for her” (meaning: when she attains the age of puberty and refuses it.)

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْعَزِيزِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو، عَنْ أَبِي سَلَمَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الْيَتِيمَةُ تُسْتَأْمَرُ فِي نَفْسِهَا فَإِنْ صَمَتَتْ فَهُوَ إِذْنُهَا وَإِنْ أَبَتْ فَلاَ جَوَازَ عَلَيْهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى وَابْنِ عُمَرَ وَعَائِشَةَ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى حَدِيثُ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ ‏.‏ وَاخْتَلَفَ أَهْلُ الْعِلْمِ فِي تَزْوِيجِ الْيَتِيمَةِ فَرَأَى بَعْضُ أَهْلِ الْعِلْمِ أَنَّ الْيَتِيمَةَ إِذَا زُوِّجَتْ فَالنِّكَاحُ مَوْقُوفٌ حَتَّى تَبْلُغَ فَإِذَا بَلَغَتْ فَلَهَا الْخِيَارُ فِي إِجَازَةِ النِّكَاحِ أَوْ فَسْخِهِ ‏.‏ وَهُوَ قَوْلُ بَعْضِ التَّابِعِينَ وَغَيْرِهِمْ ‏.‏ وَقَالَ بَعْضُهُمْ لاَ يَجُوزُ نِكَاحُ الْيَتِيمَةِ حَتَّى تَبْلُغَ ‏.‏ وَلاَ يَجُوزُ الْخِيَارُ فِي النِّكَاحِ ‏.‏ وَهُوَ قَوْلُ سُفْيَانَ الثَّوْرِيِّ وَالشَّافِعِيِّ وَغَيْرِهِمَا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْعِلْمِ ‏.‏ وَقَالَ أَحْمَدُ وَإِسْحَاقُ إِذَا بَلَغَتِ الْيَتِيمَةُ تِسْعَ سِنِينَ فَزُوِّجَتْ فَرَضِيَتْ فَالنِّكَاحُ جَائِزٌ وَلاَ خِيَارَ لَهَا إِذَا أَدْرَكَتْ ‏.‏ وَاحْتَجَّا بِحَدِيثِ عَائِشَةَ أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم بَنَى بِهَا وَهِيَ بِنْتُ تِسْعِ سِنِينَ ‏.‏ وَقَدْ قَالَتْ عَائِشَةُ إِذَا بَلَغَتِ الْجَارِيَةُ تِسْعَ سِنِينَ فَهِيَ امْرَأَةٌ
Qur’an 4:6 Test ˹the competence of˺ the orphans until they reach a marriageable age. Then if you feel they are capable of sound judgment, return their wealth to them. And do not consume it wastefully and hastily before they grow up ˹to demand it˺. If the guardian is well-off, they should not take compensation; but if the guardian is poor, let them take a reasonable provision. When you give orphans back their property, call in witnesses. And sufficient is Allah as a ˹vigilant˺ Reckoner

Aisha is not pre-pubescent
David is liar
Al Bukhari 476
What about mary pre-pubescent girl :girl:lol

Muslims were telling me, especially the non traditional ones, That if a man has committed countless murders without any remorse or repentant heart through out his or her life time.
If someone comes to Kill this Murderer eventually, That all the sins and murders that he or her has committed in his or her lifetime, said Sins and Crimes are transferred to the one that has taken the life of the murderer and this killed murderer receives his paradise.

Mostly Arab and Pakistanis Muslims were telling me this, somehow this is a huge contradiction to logic and their own books. If this is Sharia, then such laws are appalling that entice violent pleasures.

David knows his stuff.
I’ll also go one step further and say that Christianity and the bible laws should not also inform how a society should function.

It just dawned on me:
8:25 “The most merciful and forgiving god”

“The most” is a comparison. God is comparing himself with something else, some other gods?

I don’t know where this is written but if this is in the Qoran or a hadith then this means that there are some other gods beside Allah.

I’ll take Sharia over the Talmud we’re now transitions into. And I’m a Christian woman. At least Muslims have some morals.

Any law that tries to control others freedom is a bad law.
Down with sharia.

Depends on which Sharia we’re talking about, because the PD is clearly a Quranist (ex-shia), who rejects the Hadith, and interpret the Quran itself in a western/Christian manner, in order to appeal to the western audience, meanwhile the Sunni’s and Shia’s are primarily basing their Sharia on straight reading of the Hadith by their religious leaders, and interpret the Quran by specific Tafsir, what results with two completely different Sharia.

America is the world’s newest Taliban…thanks a lot Jesus.

Here’s a thought if the quran was the word of a greater deity. The speech would be in the First Person, (I) the quran is in the third person (He the deity etc)

“Perfect Reinterpretation” needs to argue with other Peacelamists and only when he has won against the Salafis should he even debate Christians

Taqiyya man, this perfect dawah. I do hope nobody is believing him. If he really means to be a nice guy as he wants us to see him, let him quit Islam.

Lets PerfectDawah became Allah…it seems he more Knowledgeable than allah

39:35 That happened to my homework more than once! My teacher never believed me even though i had a goat, well, a dog, okay it was a gerbil but it definitely ate my hadith…i mean homework because it ate so much it died of old age! But we chopped its paws off first before we buried it immediately at sea like president bush told us was fitting. We’re not a family of rule breakers either! God bless our uncorrupt government.

True points against - were silenced frequently manually, online, in this debate. Only on one side.

Dawah is deception!!