Debate: "What Is the Quran's View of the Christian Scriptures?" (David Wood vs. Shabir Ally)

Support Acts 17 videos on Patreon: David Wood is creating EPIC videos | Patreon

Most Muslims are convinced that, according to the Qur’an, Jews and Christians corrupted the Torah and the Gospel. But is this what the Qur’an really teaches? In this debate (held on April 26, 2016), David Wood and Shabir Ally discuss the Quran’s claims about the Bible. Some of the passages discussed are:

Quran 2:79—Woe, then, to those who write the book with their own hands and then say, “This is from Allah,” so that they may take for it a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.

Quran 3:3-4—He has revealed to you the Book with truth, verifying that which is before it, and He revealed the Torah and the Gospel aforetime, a guidance for mankind, and He revealed the Criterion.

Quran 3:78—And lo! there is a party of them who distort the Scripture with their tongues, that ye may think that what they say is from the Scripture, when it is not from the Scripture. And they say: It is from Allah, when it is not from Allah; and they speak a lie concerning Allah knowingly.

Quran 5:43—Why do they come to you for judgment (O Muhammad), when they have the Torah before them, wherein is the judgment of Allah? Yet they turn back after that, and these are not the believers.

Quran 5:47—Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel.

Quran 5:68—Say: “O People of the Book! You have no ground to stand upon unless you stand fast by the Torah, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord.”

Quran 6:114-115—Shall I then seek a judge other than Allah? And He it is Who has revealed to you the Book made plain; and those to whom We have given the Book know that it is revealed by your Lord with truth, therefore you should not be of the disputers. And the word of your Lord has been accomplished truly and justly; there is none who can change His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

Quran 7:157—Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find written down with them in the Torah and the Gospel . . . it is they who will prosper.

Quran 10:94—But if you (O Muhammad) are in doubt as to what We have revealed to you, ask those who read the Book before you; certainly the truth has come to you from your Lord, therefore you should not be of the disputers.

Quran 18:27—And recite what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord, there is none who can alter His words; and you shall not find any refuge besides Him.

CALLING all people to ISLAM
True faith REVEALED by GOD
ISLAM welcomes questions
All other FAITHS do not want questions BECAUSE they are ALL FALSE

Dear DAVID WOOD If you do not believe in ISLAM PREACH your FAITH STOP CONSTANT BAD MOUTHING of ISLAM SHOWS YOUR INSANE JEALOUSY of ISLAM because you KNOW ISLAM is TRUTH AND WE KNOW THE DEVIL is NOT HAPPY TO SEE ANYTHING GOOD IF YOU ASK THE DEVIL HE WILL SAY I AM GOOD GOD IS BAD

Dear DAVID WOOD
If you do not believe in ISLAM
PREACH your FAITH
STOP CONSTANT BAD MOUTHING of ISLAM
SHOWS YOUR INSANE JEALOUSY of ISLAM because you KNOW ISLAM is TRUTH
AND WE KNOW THE DEVIL is NOT HAPPY TO SEE ANYTHING GOOD
IF YOU ASK THE DEVIL
HE WILL SAY
I AM GOOD
GOD IS BAD

ISLAM is the Final Revelation from GOD binding For all MANKIND

David wood always lies The Epistle of Barnabas (Greek: Βαρνάβα Ἐπιστολή) is a Greek epistle written between AD 70 and 132. The complete text is preserved in the 4th-century Codex Sinaiticus, where it appears immediately after the New Testament and before the Shepherd of Hermas. What a total liar.

David is great…

Everyone should also watch David Wood vs Muhammad hijab because it will show you how much of a islamaphobic liar David Wood is plus he gets DESTROYED BY MUHAMMAD HIJAB!!!

In the holy quran it says that ISLAM WILL SUPERCEDE EVERY RELIGION ON THIS PLANET EVEN THOUGH THE HATERS WILL DISLIKE IT!! We are seeing this happening in the last few decades especially in the western countries and it will keep growing because ITS THE TRUTH AND THERES ANOTHER VERSE THAT SAYS WHEN THE TRUTH IS HURLED AGAINST FALSEHOOD IT PERISHES BECAUSE FALSEHOOD BY ITS NATURE IS BOUND TO PERISH!!! GOD IS THE GREATEST MAY HE GUIDE US ALL TO THE STRAIGHT PATH AMEEN.

He is usually talking without verse to post it seems he is hiding something. There’s should be a verse not talking only

Why Muhammad name is not in the Bible. And why Quran book in the name of Jesus because Quran book is copy from the Bible.

Classic closing Dr Wood

I believe islam is a religion of death.

shabir on point with David Woods twisted version of the scriptures. both Christianity and Islam.

i believe In Torah hebrew Psalms hebrew Injeel aramaic and Quran arabic. Am strict Monotheist i follow creed of Abraham

:point_right:Allah almighty our creator says,
And this Qur’an is not a thing that could be composed without Allah’s Revelation: nay, it is the confirmation of what was revealed before it(Torah, Gospel), and full explanation of `the Book’.
There is no doubt about this that it is from the Lord of the universe.
Qur’an 10 [37]

:point_right:Allah almighty our creator says,
Do they say that the Prophet has composed it himself? Tell them,
“If what you say be true, then produce one surah like this and you may call to your assistance anyone you can other than Allah.”
The fact is that they have denied (on mere conjecture) what was not within the reach of their knowledge nor had they, as yet, tasted its consequences.
Likewise, the people who went before them declared as false the Revelations, but behold, what was the end of those unjust people! Some of these people will believe in it and others will not, and your Lord knows these mischief-makers very well indeed.
If these people declare that you are an impostor say to them "I am responsible for my deeds and you are for yours: you are not accountable for what I do, and I am not for what you do.”
Qur’an 10 [38-41]

:point_right:Allah almighty says,
The revelation of this book(Qur’an)is, without any doubt, from the Lord of the Worlds. Do the people say that this man(Prophet Muhammad) himself has forged it?
Nay, but it is the Truth from your Lord so that you may warn a people to whom no warner has come before you. Maybe they are guided aright.
Qur’an 32 (2-3)

:point_right:Allah almighty says,
This is the Book of Allah(God): there is no doubt about it.
It is guidance to Godfearing people, who believe in the unseen, establish the Salats(Prayer) and expend (in Our way) out of what We have bestowed on them; who believe in the Book We have sent down to you (i.e. the Qur’an) and in the Books sent down before you, and firmly believe in the Hereafter.
Qur’an 2 (2-4)

:point_right:Allah almighty challenges you,
And if you be in doubt whether the Book(Qur’an) We have sent down to Our Servant is from Us or not, then produce, at least, one Surah(Chapter) like this.
You may call all your associates to assist you and avail yourselves of the help of any one other than Allah.
If you are genuine in your doubt, do this. But if you do not do this, and you can never do this, then fear the Fire which has been prepared for the disbelievers and which shall have men and stones for fuel.
Qur’an 2(23-24)

Shabir’s second statement, they believe the Torah and Gospel but the “transmission process” is not trusted, so they doubt parts of the Bible. The really big problem, we have complete bibles from BEFORE Muhammad and the Koran, which are the same as we have now. So there is no transmission problem, so his point is invalid. The only reason Muslims don’t believe the bible is because the koran contradicts it.

The possibilities are,

1. the bible is corrupted (although the evidence shows otherwise!) and the koran is right.
  2. the bible is uncorrupted and right and the koran is false.
  3. both the koran and bible are false.

There are no other possibilities left.

So you have to go with the evidence, the circumstances, number of witnesses etc.

Shabir has shown so far @56:58 that he is willing to twist the bible to say what it doesn’t say, he either does it out of ignorance (despite his degree special subject) or he is deliberately lying.

Either way, Shabir has lost all credibility to talk on the subject.

Shabir has formally studied the Bible. So I would assume he has at least read it.

(Dr. Shabir Ally - Dr. Shabir Ally holds a B.A. in Religious Studies from Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario, with a specialization in Biblical Literature.)

I am forced to conclude that Shabir is doing one of two things.

1. He has studied the Bible but is rubbish at his studies, he completely misrepresents John the Baptist.
  2. He was good at his studies, but he is deliberately lying, to cater to his Muslim audience.

Let me explain.
John the Baptist is (JB) and Jesus Christ is (JC)

Shabir says that JB said one was coming after him, that was greater than him.
Shabir says that JC said that JB was “Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist:”

So let’s assume A is Ahmed (an unnamed person, why not Arnold?) is coming, is greater than B (John the Baptist). C (Christ) says that B is greater than him C (as JC was also born of a woman)

Shabir’s logic goes. A > B > C therefore A ≠ C

This only works if you take BOTH JB and JC's words out of context.

There are some ancient prophecies from Isaiah and Malachi, about TWO people who would come.

Person 1 would be a messenger, preparing the way for Jehovah.
Person 2 would be Jehovah himself, coming as the "messenger of the covenant"

Person 1 was described as "a voice crying in the wilderness"

JB said that was him.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 
John 1:6-10 KJV

This LIGHT was I the world AND THE WORL WAS MADE BY HIM

Who made the world? the creator, so this Light is GOD

And they asked him (JB) What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 

He (JB) said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. 
John 1:21-23 KJV

JB said he was person 1, he was preparing the way for the Lord.

JB also said who he was meaning: - the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us  ... John bare witness of him (JC) and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 
John 1:14-15 KJV

So right off the bat, we know who JB was referring to when he said someone greater was coming, Jesus.

JB doubles down:

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. ... And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. 
John 1:29-34 KJV

This is all explained in the very first chapter of the gospel of John

Don't tell me that Shabir, with his degree in Biblical Literature, has never read the first chapter of John?

And here is Jesus talking of JB.

And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see?... A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he ... For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. 
Matthew 11:7-14 KJV

Do you see the word in there "notwithstanding"? it means " in spite of the fact that"

So there is no greater human (that's what born of women means) in spite of the fact that the LEAST in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than John. (I would hazard a guess that the Son of God is not the least in his fathers Kingdom?)

JB denied being Elias (Elijah) and he wasn't, he wasn't a reincarnation of him physically. But JB operated in the "spirit and power" of Elias, that is why JC said he was Elias."And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. "

And again, Jesus said (after he, Peter and James and John saw Moses and Elias)

And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead. And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. 
Matthew 17:9-13 KJV

Gabriel said this to JB's father, 

But the angel said unto him, ... thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. ... And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God. And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, ...  to make ready a people prepared for the Lord. ... I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings. 
Luke 1:13-19 KJV

Elisha also received the power and spirit of Eliah.

JC also corroborated that JB was the prophesied messenger, preparing the way for Jehovah.

So Shabir is either completely useless and got his degree with a box of cereal, or he KNOWS what the Bible says, he knows Jesus is the divine Son of God, Jehovah come to earth, that John the Baptist was the voice of one crying in the wilderness, preparing the way or Jehovah, and Jehovah came as Jesus, the messenger of the NEW covenant, that God promised centuries before, in Jeremiah.

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. 
Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV

BTW, for our Muslim friends, why do you think the Bible is split into the OLD testament, and the NEW testament.

Well, Testament is a synonym for Covenant.

The old covenant was the Law.
The new covenant is grace and truth.

Jesus is Jehovah, come to earth exactly as promised. He is the messenger of the new testament/covenant

JB was person 1 - the voice, preparing the way for God, for Jehovah
JC was person 2 - the messenger of the NEW covenant - Emmanuel, God with us.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 
Matthew 1:22-23 KJV

Isaiah 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 
1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. 
Isaiah 40:3 KJV

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts. 
Malachi 3:1 KJV

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. 
Mark 1:1-3 KJV
----------------------------------------------------------

Shabir is either the worst Bible study graduate EVER or he is a duplicitous snake who twists the scriptures - it will not end well for him.

Look at the moral standing of Mohammed
Gave over, you can’t trust that guy
That’s all I can say
Allah made a very poor choice

God can of course raise the dead, Jesus said ( about His body, His Life) tear down this temple and …I… Will rebuild it". Jesus brought Himself back to Life . He will bring anyone back to eternal life if they believe He is the Son of God! It can be difficult to fully understand this mystery but with God all things are possible .