Did Jesus Pray Like a Muslim? (David Wood)

Support Acts 17 videos on Patreon: David Wood is creating EPIC videos | Patreon

An odd but common Muslim argument insists that Jesus prayed like a Muslim, so Christians should pray like Muslims. In this video, David Wood responds by taking a closer look at the prayers of Jesus.

Here’s the text of David’s response:

Hi Gold Man. You’ve never seen a Christian praying on his face because Jesus commanded his followers: “When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you” (Matthew 6:5-6). Notice that this is the same book you just cited to show that Jesus prayed like Muslims! Muslims pray in the open so that you may be seen by men. Jesus condemns your prayers! Jesus also said, in the same book you cited: “And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words” (Matthew 6:7). What do Muslims do when they pray? They recite memorized prayers in a language most of them don’t understand! Even more hilarious, the exact verse you cited condemns you. Matthew 26:39 reads: “And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, ‘My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.’” Jesus calls God “My Father”! According to the Qur’an (9:30), Jesus is not the Son of God. Indeed, the Qur’an declares that Allah is a father to no one (see 5:18; 19:88-93; and 21:26). So if we believe the verse you cited, Islam is false! Beyond this, Jesus prayed in different positions. John 17:1 states: “Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, ‘Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You.’” Jesus prayed while looking up to heaven. I’ve never seen a Muslim pray like this! Notice also, once again, that Jesus calls God “Father,” and declares himself to be the “Son.” So, your “proof” of Islam is something that thoroughly contradicts Islam! Thank you for proving, based on the teachings of Jesus, that Muhammad was a false prophet.

True but do you know what we also believe. That the Bible has been fabricated :+1::+1:.

DAVID …YOU ARE CONTIMINATING THE IGNORANT CHRISTIANS

THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGEON IN THE WORLD .ISLAM

HOW MANY MUSLIMS HAVE FOLLOWED YOUR ANTI ISLAM NARRATIVES

YOUR “HERD” WILL FOLLOW IN MADNESS
DR F

Muslims are professionals at cherry picking scriptures. That entire chapter Matt 26:39. Totally destroys the Muslim claim of Jesus being a muslim. Muslims do not quote the rest of that scripture because in that scripture Jesus was speaking to the Father about His crucifixion. He knew that He was going to die. No muslim can say otherwise because No muslim understood what Jesus meant when He spoke those words in Matt 26:39. These words also destroys the muslim belief that Jesus did not die on the cross. This is why the muslim belief in Jesus false. They cant associate these words Jesus spoke as words of a muslim. He said in Matt 26:2. Ye know that after two days is the feast of the Passover and the Son of Man is betrayed to be crucified. Any words that Jesus spoke and Muslims either ignore or they are in disagreement then that means they are calling Jesus a liar.

This guy is a devil. Praying to god on your face your a true worshiper and a believer and it’s the instructions from Allah !! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::star_and_crescent::star_and_crescent::bangladesh::bangladesh:

You did not prove anything. First the muslims dont pray in a sinogogue standing or in the streets. It says go into you inner room doesnt mean a room in your house. How are gonna criticize they do it out in the open when christians do it in church. Plus Christians are the only ones that pray out loud. They thank them for the food they going to eat, the pray for someone to get better. When he says done in secret means dont say it out loud so that nobody hears you.

Bible is not a reliable source, since its Edited by Many Authors.

so, Jesús is son of God or god himself…? I don’t understand, Jesús nevera claims to be God but his son as freemason edit the bible dor more that 100 years.

Surely the bible came before the Koran?..so if there are similarities between bible and Quran…it probably means the Quran could be made of plagiarized material

Take a deep comparatively comparison,u will certainly find out that Jesus, Moses, David, Adam (pbut)& later one Mohammad (saw),all were the appointed humans of God to deliver messg to their associated people,i have find bias in ur address via this video,
I just love to declare & testify that " there is no god but Allah & Mohammad (pbuh)is his servant & messanger,like the other prophets were.
Love u brother :heart:

CONTRADICTIONS IN THE BIBLE;IN THE book of JOSHUA chapter 5 verse 14, EZRA together with Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hikiah, and Maaseiah on his right hand.On his left hand Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zelchariah and Meshullam worship God in public as Muslims do in the mosque.Let’s check it and see wether Muslims’ prayer is in Bible or not :pray:

Allahu akbar

Although my comment is made 5-1/2 years later, the scary part of the verse places a Muslim into hypocrisy. If one only reads what they prefer, the verse is just fine. If one continues to read the full verse, they will claim the verse is corrupted.

Funny Muslims claim Allah is the ONLY True God, IF this is true why did he wait till the year 622 to bring the only true religion into the world. LOL. Muslims are brainwashed.

I’m confused on why would Jesus pray to begin with if he was God ? Wouldn’t he be praying to himself which doesn’t make sense to me ?

In the Orthodox faith, especially during Lent we do prostrate in prayer. It can be presumed that during the early Islamic conquests, or even prior in seeing Eastern Christians in Arabia, these Moslems adopted it for themselves, and to an extent in a larger scale.

Shalat (praying in Islam) only start after Isra Miraj dream of Muhammad, that was about 600years after Jesus time. PS: although we know how historically inaccurate Isra Miraj is, as alAqsa was not built yet that time

Bro Muslims, Jesus said, what comes out of a man’s heart makes him unclean. Be careful with what you do with Jesus, He is God and judge,for he also said My words will never pass away. He is ETERNAL.

The one of most important differences between Jesus and a Muslim is that Jesus knew that his Father hears his prayers and answers to them some way. Instead in Islam (according to what I have heard - correct me if I’ve got that wrong), Allah don’t answer to prayers and therefore prayers are more like rituals than discussions and life in God’s presence.

How would “the falling to his face” be specifically a Muslim way to pray? No, Jesus prayed and pray like a Jew, and so do Christians (at least many of them). In Judaism, there are many positions to pray, depending on person’s mood. And the Lord’s Prayer is the perfect example of Jewish (Synagoque) prayer.

keep up bro we christians are with you let no one rub you off your gift. one day they will see the light and repent of their abominable religion.