Fact-Checking Sam Harris: Islam and the Virgin Birth of Jesus

Support Acts 17 videos on Patreon: David Wood is creating EPIC videos | Patreon

UPDATE Sam Harris responded: “I meant that Quran asserts Jesus wasn’t divine. I misspoke.” Odd to give a reply about Jesus’ deity when Colbert was talking about the virgin birth, but it’s entirely possible to misspeak while the cameras are rolling and you don’t have much time to think about what you’re saying.
http://www.acts17.net
Sam Harris recently said that he wants to correct every error he’s ever made, and that people should send him any errors they find in his works. One of Sam’s errors was made on “The Colbert Report,” where he insisted that, according to the Quran, anyone who believes in the virgin birth of Jesus will spend eternity in hell. Since Islam affirms the virgin birth of Jesus, we can only wonder how much Sam really knows about the religions he discusses in his books.

With God all things are possible.

Jesus- Slay my enermies

You know, plenty of atheists, say Richard Dawkins, are arrogant, but I can admire them on some level because of how learned they are (obviously not in religion lol) eg. in Dawkins’ case : biology. I can’t stand Harris though. He is by far the most arrogant imo and he arguably is ignorant on his profession ; he does have a PhD in neuroscience but he hangs on to outdated ideas about the brain and mind because they are more compatible with his worldview than the newest evidence.

Also the koran came after the bible so why would we believe the authority of the koran over the bible

What’s hard to take seriously is that Islam said Jesus was born of a virgin but God wasn’t the father. What was the point?

Sam Harris and Zakir Naik are 2 sides of the same coin.
Sam Harris is a comedian while Zakir Naik is a clown how funny will it be if they mount the same stage.

Brilliant David :heart:

Super funny first 18 sec JAJJAJAJA

I don’t see Harris needing to correct what a comedian in the guise of a Christian conservative says as a kind of joke, it’s not like he was in a debate and needed to address every word. Besides if I was dealing with Colbert, all my attention would be on trying not to smack his smug face.

4:17 “…you’re swimming in it!” -endorses:
I Don’t Have Enough Faith To Be An atheist

No one is perfect not Sam Harris , not you David wood not the bible or Quran, yes he made a mistake , but I will challenge anyone to read listen to David wood and compare to Sam Harris, and then make judgement, Sam Harris is genius of rational and critical thinking, yes he made some bad examples, like i said no one is perfect, but with due respect to David wood, many of his views of Islam is necessary to wake up people about sad reality of Islam Quran Allah and Mohammed

Someone posted it on that tweet and he dodged the question.

This is the only David Wood video I approve of. Otherwise, he’s a repugnant bigot and racist himself.

He just made a small mistake. According to the Quran those who believe in the crucifixion will in fact spend an eternity in hell.

Sam Harris is a fool. He gets so much wrong. However, it’s a mystery to me, people praise that man all the time.

I think the point was that Christians are going to hell. You’re making a big deal out of something that is not central to any point that sam harris is making.

“They close their hearts to pity; with their mouths they speak arrogantly.” - Psalm 17:10

I feel sorry for Atheists, but I admire them for their “faith”. It takes a lot of that and some mental gymnastics to discredit the idea that a higher power exists.

Its amazing how bad information and lies spread around the globe… unbelievable

Dear david .
Sam meant crucification but in the slopy mistake he said virgin. . .
Chapter4 verse157
Qarib translation : and for their saying, 'We killed the Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger (and Prophet) of Allah. ’ They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but to them, he (the crucified) had been given the look (of Prophet Jesus). Those who differ concerning him (Prophet Jesus) are surely in doubt regarding him, they have no knowledge of him, except the following of supposition, and (it is) a certainty they did not kill him.