Gary Habermas on Jesus and Islam

History has revealed a number of facts about the historical Jesus (e.g., that he died by crucifixion, that his followers were in despair, that his followers believed he appeared to them after his death, etc.). Any view of Jesus that hopes to be taken seriously must account for these known facts. Interestingly, Islam contradicts several historical facts about Jesus.

In this video, historical Jesus scholar Dr. Gary Habermas shows that there is no evidence for the Islamic view of Jesus. Anyone who wants a view of Jesus that lines up with history will therefore need to look somewhere other than Islam.

islam… late to the party… 600 years late and illiterate too.

I love your material. I think it would be a good idea to add subtitles to help people who don’t understand English speech so well. And also for those who are hearing impaired.

If you start reading from Mark and end on Jesus’ death. We see there was a young man, I suspect was John Mark, who had followed him in the garden. Later with his family took the body out when he knew they planned to desecrate it.He was waiting for Mary to let her know. Mark’s mother was also a Mary. The body was taken either to Bethany where Mary and Martha lived, or any of these 3 cities in Galilee: Betzaida. Capernaum, or Nazareth. He appeared as a spirit in bodily form to Mary who couldn’t touch him, the 2 disciples where he disappears, Peter, the 7, the 10, the 11 where he goes through the wall, and later ascends. Even if we assume Jesus rose physically he still had to die again. Flesh is not eternal.

Our God is an awesome God :heart:

That ending quote was so funny. The more you study the criteria of historicity and early Christianity, the funnier Islam gets.

Great David sir, you nailed the core of Isalm, this proves that quaran is a spurios book and cannot be relied upon…

Gary Habermas look like some rabbi here.

You have 2 senator of Rome, both are pagans and admit about the Messiah, historical facts

Death and resurrection are not correct. St Paul preached about it in 51 AD after 21 Years. So, the Quran is correct that he was lifted to heaven and will come before Qayamat. Secondly, He was not the son of God. He was as similar to Moses, David, Abraham etc.

What event is this???

Gary Habermas sounds like Gary Habermas, lol

I don’t think the resurrection ‘evidences’ are strong at all. Paul/Saul needed to have a personal encounter with Jesus after he ascended to heaven to believe. Why are we just expected to believe a body of Jesus became alive after he was truly dead?

Keep in mind, is that according to the Gospel of Luke, Jesus was thought to have been a risen John the Baptist (who, supposedly stayed in his grave).

Luke 9: 18 And it happened that while He was praying alone, the disciples were with Him, and He questioned them, saying, “Who do the people say that I am?” 19 They answered and said, “John the Baptist, and others say Elijah; but others, that one of the prophets of old has risen again.”

John the Baptist was dead by that time, but Jesus is thought to have been resurrected John! What does it tell you? That people can believe in the resurrection without an actual resurrection. Some could even die for their faith. So what? It doesn’t prove that John has risen in the person of Jesus.

Please read my scene the Christ in real no doubt. i do not need money or popularity i just here to the share with everybody this real incident I believe it’s a moral honesty to say this so people know what I’ve been through God knows speak here in sincerity in April 2016, I got up from my sleep rare to happen for some reason the case with me saw something that no one believe and I’m being an Arab Muslim from Qatar, but I say the right word what I saw on the wall of my room clearly and for a period just a few seconds, but I am 100% sure an Image of Jesus Christ his face white close to an Arab or middle east people the eyes beautiful the face beard is light and the face shape is little long and head hair lay almost on his shoulders a bit I think I hinted his hands back ,Room was not dark,in the beginning i thought he looks to some degree to one of my friend but inspiration jump to my mind he is the Christ and what i astonish about the scene was so clear this is a testimony and God witness I say the truth and why me have this experience I do not know but did happen and this is the ultimate truth because it got with me accurately. . ( this is not my real name due to personal reasons) yes I was awake when the image of Jesus Christ manifested. .Since 2001 until now I see drawings or images of creatures like us also writing show events some of them occurred and others did not happen, but I do not know when I just realized that something will happen because of it and these drawings appear on the wall of my room, especially during the night but less in the day I attache text in Arabic-هذا الكلام الذي اسرده حقيقي 100% ولو كنت بشك مما حصلت لي من تجربة لما دونت حرف واحد نعم لا يمكن ان تصدق بهذا الزمن بالقرن 21 وانا منهم لم اكن اؤمن بهذا لكن بعد الذي حصل تغيرت الاعتقادات والمفاهيم و ان الحياة بها اسرار لا يمكن ان يستوعبها العقل البشري شيء اكثر من معجزة برأيي نعم تجربة لا تصدق لا اعرف التفسير لكن حصلت . اليكم هذه الحادثة … هنا اورد مشاهدتي لتثبت هذه الحقيقة . أقول الحق واليكم ما مررت في رؤيتي الواقعية وانا بكامل حواسي ومستيقظ وصاحي اعرف ما اقول هنا بنية صادقة لا تشوبها ذرة من الشك وكلمتي شرف وصدق في النصف الثاني لشهر ابريل 2016م وانا نائم -فجاة نهضت من نومي لسبب نادر مايحصل لي والله رأيت شيء لن تصدقوا وانا كوني . مسلم . حسب الولادة ومواطن قطري لكن اقول كلمة الحق ماذا شاهدت رأيت على جدار غرفتي بصورة واضحة ولمده لا اعرف لكنها قصيرة ممكن ثواني لكني متأكد 100%صورة السيد المسيح . لان الزمن كان سريعا.وجهه واضح وكأني لمحت ان يديه الى الخلف ومظهرة طبيعي جدا بدون وجود اي اشياء خارجه عن المألوف ووجهه بلحية خفيفة ووجهه شكله طويل وعيونه بها جمال لايوصف نظرات وعيون رائعة وشعررأسه يتدلى على كتفيه تقريبا بعض الشيء وملامح رائعة وابيض الشكل وقريب شكله كالعرب او من شعوب الشرق الاوسط وهذا ونور الغرفه بها اضاءة وقد اعتقدت بداية انه يشبه احد الاصدقاء بدرجة بسيطة لكن بسرعة احسست او ألهام روادني لا هذا هو المسيح والذي ابهرني الوضوح التام للصورة-.هذه شهادة واوصل كلمتي لأرضاء ضميري ووهي امانة احس لابد من قولها ولا اريد الأموال او الشهرة لان الدنيا فانية لايهمني من يعارض لكن المهم انها الحقيقة النهائيةبعد هذا الذي حصل لماذا انا شفت ومررت بالتجربة لا اعرف-لكنها حدثت وهذا ليس اسمي الحقيقي لأسباب خاصة ومن 2001م والى الان اشوف رسومات صور مخلوقات تشبه الانسان وكذلك لأحداث بعضها حدثت وغيرها لم تحدث لكن لا اعرف متى فقط ادرك ان هناك شيء سيحدث بسببه وهذه كلها تظهر على حائط او جدار غرفتي خصوصا احيانا بالنهار لكن اغلبها بالليل

Love you man

Gary Habermas is brilliant.

I love Gary. I could listen to him talk all day long.

Did you realise a muslim dating service advertisement (for “good muslim girls” :slight_smile: is what usually comes up on your videos?

read the Coran Sourat “ANNISA” (the women) : chapter 4 , verses 154-158

I know you don’t attempt to, but you make the Muslim faith look comical

The ending made me “lol”