God, Atheism, and Morality: Opening Statement (David Wood vs. Apostate Prophet)

This is David Wood’s opening statement for his debate with the Apostate Prophet on God, Atheism, and Morality. David discusses various features of moral obligations and shows why Divine Command Theory explains these features, while atheist moral theories don’t.

You can watch AP’s opening statement (“There Is No God in Morality”) here: Morals DON'T Come from God | Apostate Prophet Opening Statement (Apostate Prophet vs. David Wood) - YouTube

#DavidWood #ApostateProphet #MoralityDebate

You can watch AP’s opening statement (“There Is No God in Morality”) here: Morals DON'T Come from God | Apostate Prophet Opening Statement (Apostate Prophet vs. David Wood) - YouTube

How to be saved and be right with God for eternal life!
1-Admit you’re a sinner and be willing to turn from your sins towards God.
2-Believe onto Jesus Christ,who being the Son of God, died on the cross,
was buried and resurrected for the forgiveness of our sins as a free gift.
3-Confess onto God,asking to be saved accepting this free gift of salvation,
to start a new life being born again after being saved from your sins.

Scripture links below.

The romans road to salvation.
1.Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
2.Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
3.Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
4.Romans 5:12 “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for all that have sinned:"
5.Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
6.Romans 10:9, “That is thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
7.Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

More scripture.
John 3:16-17
16."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
17.”For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

Romans 5:8-9
8."But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9.“Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.”

Corinthians 15:1-4,
1."Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2."By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.”
3."For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;”
4."And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”

You can’t get morals without God, He has written his law on our hearts.

Apostate from athiesm hhhhhh​:joy::joy: that’s a good one

Still waiting for first rebuttals. Noting, of course, that AP failed to ground his position in the opening statements…

Do we exist?

“Lederhosen in Deutschland” :smile:
Thanks for that from Krautland, Berlin, Germany :1st_place_medal::+1:t3::sheep::lion:

I use to be agnostic, then atheist, then agnostic… Till I got into a car accident. I believe God saved me that day… Now I’m a believer of God, but I don’t have much of a religion… I feel like a Bible is only a man made book to control the masses
There’s no proof that the Bible is real

It still doesn’t make sense to me why anyone needs the christian god to establish morals. You just seem heavily biased towards abrahamic belief without considering other ideas outside of religion entirely. Morality can and does exist without christianity.

David wood is a deep thinker!

Repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, believe in your heart that He has died for sins and rose from the tomb on the third day and let the Holy Spirit within you, and you shall be saved.

Thanks for video

I was Aethist, now again back to Christainity :heart::latin_cross:
Proud of Jesus.:pray:t2::heart:
Proud of my culture.:pray:t2:
If i leave my culture, I’m dead.

Dr. David Wood, you are my favourite philosopher. And the Apostate Prophet is my favourite turk (or ex-turk). AP came a long way and he is friendly and intelligent. DW made a turn is his life, from a meaningless existence towards helping people free themselves is a great achievement.

U are Pork eater lol

Go home David Ridwan Win this

You’re very smug in your answers but I don’t disagree with you, in fact you share a lot of the same viewpoints as CS Lewis in his book mere Christianity. I do like how you expressed your version. regards Harry

David I appreciate your faith & your moral obligations to expose the truth about Islam & the Quran, but how have you or how can you prove that Jesus & God is real or absolutely proven? :100: As it seems no one has proven anything about God absolute to this Day after thousands of years ?
Said respectful :pray:

Morality has always been a huge problem for religion. Religious people can be moral, but their model simply can’t explain why anything is right or wrong.