How Could God Punish Jesus for the Sins of Others? Answering a Muslim Objection

Here’s the link for the sources cited in this video: Answering Muslims: How Could God Punish Jesus for the Sins of Others?

In Mark 10:45, Jesus declares: “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” He adds in John 10:14-18:

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

His disciple John later said that “he appeared so that he might take away our sins” (1 John 3:5).

Jesus’ sacrificial death gives rise to one of the most common Muslim objections to Christianity: Wouldn’t it be unfair or unjust for God to punish Jesus for the sins of others? However, if Muslims think that this is a good objection, they apparently haven’t read their own sources.

Let’s take a closer look at this objection.

So Mohammed asked for forgiveness seventy times a day?? Muslim scholars plagerized this scripture and these words Jesus spoke to His disciple. Matt 18:21. Then came Peter to him and said Lord how oft shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Till seven times? Matt 18:22. Jesus saith unto him I say not unto thee until seven times but until seventy times seven. Now if Mohammed asked for forgiveness seventy times a day it does not mean a thing because the Muslims who wrote the Quran twisted what Jesus said about forgiving your brother seventy times seven.

Hé did it that obstinate upstart. He explained it all under 14 minutes

God bless you, David! These are so educational! Everyone needs to watch these!

David you are amazing!!!

If Jesus won’t bear us christians sins then maybe we should bear Muslims

According to Jesus, anybody who is comfortable now will be tormented later.
I hope he wasn’t talking about me !
(Luke 16:25)

Find your hands and legs bound by chains, yet I cannot handle that the LORD take the place of the guilty that my chains are taken off me that you may set me free. There is no greater love than for one to lay his life down for another even though we are not worthy.

Old video but still a pot of GOLD :star::1st_place_medal:

I’m convinced. Christianity leads us to Truth. Our purpose in life as we are called is to follow the leading example of Jesus.

4:30 no wonder Muslims get mad and call you a lier when you expose the Quran.:face_with_monocle:

I have a playlist called David Wood Nuggets. This will fit in there nicely. God bless
He is risen!!

I’m agnostic but …wow. I had no idea these Quran verses and Hadiths existed. My goodness…I came to despise Islam because of its misogyny, and the more I learn about it,the more I hate what it’s done to the world . I don’t know if there’s a God,but if there is one,it CANNOT be the one described by the Quran. Fly high, David. I hope you reach people all over the world. We may not have the same beliefs but your clear passion to expose the truth about this evil cult is evident. May God ( if he/she exists) bless you in all your endeavors.

To punish Jesus for the sins of others is foolery…But islam teaches that noone is responsible for others’ sins…Mr wood, you convert to atheism…that is good…

One of the biggest reasons Muslims are not taught to question critically and many never bother even considering Christianity as something worth studying is because of the intellectual oppression and slavery that they are subjugated to by their leaders, sheiks, and clerics all around the Muslim world.

allah is a very confused god. It seems like the false prophet was more confused than allah

there is so much to learn from every single one of your videos. God bless you my brother.

I cannot understand why an innocent man would be punished for the sins of others, and this in a most gruesome way too! A God who demands this is not good but cruel. Thinking lately why Jesus had to die the way he did. I cannot believe this is really something his heavenly Father wanted, it was the cruelty of men who wanted Jesus out of the way. I still cannot wrap my head around this matter.
Yes I know what Jesus prayed in the garden of Getshemane: not what I want but what you want. I hope someone can enlighten me.

Let’s say I did something reckless and stupid that put someone’s life at risk, but the person affected chose to forgive me. However, they chose to forgive me specifically because of the work I was doing while I was in the position to put their life at risk in the first place.

Was I saved by grace, or by my own works?

6 years to late :anguished: