Introduction: The Trinity in Jewish and Christian Scripture

The Doctrine of the Trinity is foundational to Christian thought. Anthony Rogers thus introduces his new series on the Trinity in Jewish and Christian Scripture. Following this brief introduction, Anthony will begin in Genesis and proceed through the rest of the Bible, showing that the Triune God of Christianity is the same God revealed in the Old Testament.

Support Anthony’s work on Patreon: Anthony Rogers is creating Videos on Christianity and Islam | Patreon

#Trinity #Christianity #AnthonyRogers

Here’s the first video in Anthony’s series on the Trinity: - YouTube

The trinity is a man made doctrine

It is remarkable that the trinity must always be explained by trinitarians. Probably because the Bible gives no explanation about this dogma. They must twist scripture to teach their doctrine. Other biblical teachings such as God being the Father or Jesus being the son of God don’t have to be explained because they are brightly described in the Bible.

its sad to see it happen but it was prophesied how false teachers would corrupt the pure gospel

What an inspiration, blessed to watch over and over again. Thank you :pray:

Can we find trinity in genesis 18 and 19th chapters?
Becoz they mention Angels in chapter 19…
So plz explain neatly…make vedio…
My humble request…

It’s indeed very helpful.

true christian believe in One True God (the Father in heaven)… trinity or 3 gods in 1 is a catholic false doctrine

The Trinity is not biblical. It is very disingenuous to call it a “cardinal doctrine”. Also it is not " un-christian " to deny it. Jesus did not believe in a trinity but one singular God, the Father. There is only one true God. The Father of glory, the God and Father of Jesus Christ.

Looking forward to this series.

There is one God Almighty. He who formed the world, he who fashion man, he who is the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, above whom there is no other God. He is the Father of our lord Jesus Christ. All the different sects of heresies admit that there is one god, but then by there pernicious doctrines they change this truth into error.

39 dislikes, meaning 39 people don’t accept mere facts about Christianity.
How can you dislike facts, whether you believe or not, they’re just logical deductions from given premises.
Do they dislike Christianity or the mere fact you’re discussing it ?
Online is a form of insanity.

The Trinity is a lie, always has been and always will be.
If you want to take advice from Anthony, do yourself a favour and change his surname to Buzzard!

תודה לאל!!

I am glad I left the cult of Islam. I am now going to start reading the Bible. Hallelujah!

Trinity is not in the bible.

The English Translation One in Hebrew is Echad meaning Unified or United.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is One.

ONE means UNITY.
They are UNITED for ONE WILL.
To save us all.

Example:

Unity of Husband and Wife.

Most of the People think the word One is always literal. But if they study it’s Hebrew root they’ll understand.

Don’t Argue With God about His Oneness

He already said that He is ONE (Deut.6:4). And He even said that beside Him there is no other (Isa. 45:5, 6, 18, 21, 22, 46:9).
And if His manifestation in the flesh confuses you, accept His explanation about His visual visitation to the world. He explained it through His prophets in these words: “Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant (His manifestation in the flesh) whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.” (Isa. 43:10)

This rendering of God’s Oneness was given way before His human appearing. The prophet Isaiah also prophesied about this colossal and important element of truth when he said these words: “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isa. 9:6). The child here is referred to as the Everlasting Father, the Eternal One, The Great I am.

Furthermore, in the same book we find yet another prophetic description of the Eternal One coming in the flesh: “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel.” (Isa. 7:14, Mat. 3:23). Immanuel means God with us, not a God with us, or part of God with us, it means GOD WITH US.

The confusion for many is when the Lord begins his ministry here on earth. The Lord prays, the Lord gets tired like any human being, He also gets hungry, gets thirsty. All these, human attributes that he chose to put Himself under. All that he did as a human was all intended for us to learn from His example. In different occasions He gave those close to Him visual and verbal revelations of His deity.

He answered one of His followers with these words: “Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?” (John 14:8, 9). He rebutted the unbelieving Pharisees with this words about His identity: “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” (John 8:58).

God is not One in three persons, He is One in one person. The apostle Paul describes the Son as the Image of God, the Creator and the Firstborn of every creature: “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him. And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.” (Col. 1:13-17).

Son in the context of the Deity of God doesn’t mean little boy or a person aside from God, it means the only visible Image of the eternal God that inhabits eternity (Isa. 57:16)
John the theologian says this about the Son’s deity: “And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the TRUE GOD, and eternal life.” (I John 5:20).

Don’t sell out to lies and erroneous interpretations about what God Himself has already stated. Don’t place yourself in the group of people that challenge God’s declared Identity. He is One!

Shalom!

The Supreme Name Of God

What is the hidden Name of this Divine Personage who ancient times manifested Himself as Lord Almighty? The angel of the Lord declared it to Joseph, Mary’s husband, and revealed to him “the Name which is above every name” (read Matthew 1:18-21 and Philippians 2:9-10). “For there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”(Acts 4:12). The Supreme Name of God is the LORD JESUS.

If the Lord Jesus Christ of the New Testament is not the same Lord God of the Old Testament, then the Lord Jesus would not be able to save us. In which case, all of His followers would be entirely lost (read Isaiah 43:10-11). Notwithstanding, the Lord Jesus Christ is the One and same Lord God of the Old Testament. He is “the Everlasting Father” (Isaiah 9:6).

The Lord Jesus is the Name of the Father ( the Eternal, Invisible Spirit).

The Lord Jesus is the Name of the Son ( God’s Visible Image)

The Lord Jesus is the Name of the Holy Spirit ( God’s Redemptive and Regenerating Power ).

In Godhead, the Father is Everlasting. In the Bible there is no reference to “the Eternal Son.” The Infinite Spirit—the Father—never began and never ends. The Son—God’s Visible Image in which “dwelleth all of the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:9)—did have a beginning. The Son is “the Firstborn of every creature” and "the Beginning of the creation of God ( Colossians 1:15 and Revelation 3:14 ). He is The “Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last” ( Revelation 22:13 )

The Eternal Spirit—the Father—begat His own Image. This is why the Lord Jesus Christ Said, “My Father is greater than I” (John 14:28). The Bible refers to the Son as " the Only Begotten of the Father" (John 1:14). The reason for this is because there is no other being like Him. All the created being conferred with the ability to reason, celestial and earthly, were made in the image of their Creator (read Genesis 1:26). However, the Son is not merely one of millions upon millions of created beings. He is unlike all the rest of created beings, because He is God’s own Body.

In the same manner as the Eternal Spirit is God, His Visible Body is also God. Yet, the Body that God begat for Himself is not another God, nor is it the second person of Godhead. This Glorious Body is the One and same God, the Only Person in the Godhead (read Hebrew chapter one).

The Son of God came into this World “made in the likeness of men.” He covered Himself with a veil of flesh to dwell among mankind and to shed His Blood as a ransom for the sins of the world. During “the days of His flesh,” He was the perfect man. He was the only man that had no sin (read Hebrew 4:15). The purpose of the Eternal Spirit—the Father—was for His Image—the Son—to be the sacrificial Lamb as well as the High Priest (read Hebrew 7:4-28). “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself” (2 Corinthians 5:19).

The religious leaders among people of Israel could not understand these things nor recognize the Divinity of the Lord Jesus. Therefore they rejected the Lord and delivered Him to be crucified by the Romans. All they were able to see was His humanity. It was God’s will for them not to recognize the Holy One that dwelt within that perfect human.

In the early centuries of the church, spiritual blindness also fell upon those who strayed from the truth. Ultimately, the confusion concerning the Divinity of the Lord—recognized as the doctrine of the Holy Trinity—was established as the official creed of Christianity. Thus, the prophesied warning of the impending apostasy had their fulfilment.

After Twenty centuries of Christianity, there are millions upon millions who have been falsely taught in the error of Council of Nicaea. Nevertheless, God is able to reveal “the mystery of Godliness” to all those who seek and serve Him with all of their heart. By the Holy Spirit and His Holy Word, the Lord is able to guide them to this Divine understanding. By this marvelous revelation they will acknowledge that there cannot be two or three Gods, but only ONE GOD, and His Supreme Name is, the LORD JESUS.

Pastor Efrain Valverde Sr.

the first issue is calling the Godhead the trinity like the Catholics, which is extremely confusing to not just Christians, but for unbelievers as well.