Jesus is God (Anthony Rogers and David Wood)

Anthony Rogers and David Wood give several lines of evidence that Jesus is God, and they answer questions and objections.

Special thanks to everyone who contributed via Superchat: Amanuel Haile, Poop Zombie, SteadFast nEasy, Romeo Santos, Top Student, Homero MendozA, ligarsystm, Radical Moderate, Google User, Kafir Linda Clark, Ham Sunshine, and Sharon61!

Love watching these two men of God. David clearly loves the Lord so much. He’s so engaged and almost enraptured when listening to Anthony explain the gospel. They work so well together. Can’t get enough of their teaching. Anthony takes us into deep dives with his knowledge of Greek and Hebrew while David has a gift of teaching that even the newest Christian can understand. Wonderful stuff.

Thank you right on with 5he Catechism of the Catholic Church

Excellent first answer right on with the catechism of the Catholic Church

Yes, Jesus is my Lord and my God. There is no such thing as a “trinity”. Thank you Jesus for Marrying me and Coming into me with your Resurrected Holy Spirit, Fathering me into your son!

I’ll like to commend you for the job of spreading the gospel on this channel.
Having said that, it is obvious that the doctrine of Trinity is the most misunderstood in the body of Christ. Being a cardinal issue in Christian belief system our inability to have a correct grasp of it has always been a major setback for our evangelistic efforts for ages.
Although, many academic works and postulations have been channelled towards this issue, yet it seems like the church is not making expected progress in this regard.
The approach of theologians has been faulty all along and it is high time we started addressing it from a different perspective.
Firstly, it is a common knowledge that certain aspects of the scripture have to be understood deductively because such issues were not explicitly spelt out. Such issues require comparing scriptures with scriptures for one to see the bigger picture. The issue of Trinity falls into this category.

:white_check_mark:Deuteronomy 6:4
[4]Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Jesus also corroborated this scripture in the gospels:

:white_check_mark:Mark 12:29
[29]And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

From these it is clear that Christianity is absolutely monotheistic. However, the trinitarian school of thought want us to believe that we are worshipping three persons? That cannot work. This is the reason for endless arguments with muslims and people of other religions.
This will always be the result with this kind of approach. Trinity is not about three persons, it’s more about a concept! A concept that afforded the immortal God to step into the “office of man” legitimately.

:white_check_mark:Nehemiah 13:14
[14]Remember me, O my God, concerning this, and wipe not out my good deeds that I have done for the house of my God, and for the offices thereof.

God is the creator of all things, including offices. At creation, God didn’t just create man, but also created his office when He told him to have dominion on all He has created (Gen. 1:26 - 28).

During creation God related with each day as one being. However, on the sixth day God had to call up the requisite offices for the creation of man - The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost. This offices had been created before the foundations of the earth were laid. The Lamb that took away the sin of the world was offered by the Eternal Spirit before the foundations of the earth. This was precedent to the creation of man. That’s why the three offices are always involved in the Divine Ministry of God to mankind. This was further established in Abraham’s encounter with God in Gen. 18.

:white_check_mark:Genesis 18:1-3
[1]And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
[2]And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
[3]And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

Here, God appeared to Abraham as one person, but he saw three persons, representing the three offices. In optics, the perceived colour of an object is the colour that is reflected on the lense of the eyes. Hence, when God appeared to Abraham it was three men, representing the three offices, were reflected to him.
God has to express the attributes and personalities required for each office.
Check this out:

:white_check_mark:Malachi 3:1
[1]Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: (…), saith the LORD of hosts.

Almighty God Jehovah was the One speaking there in Malachi. He spoke of sending His messenger (John, the Baptist) to prepare the way for Himself, in the person of Jesus Christ.
This clearly shows that Trinity is a concept and mechanism for God to achieve His salvation plan for mankind legitimately. No wonder that Jesus said, “… he that has seen me has seen the Father…” (John 14:9).
Shalom!

—Matthew 7:21-27

Go read your own book you fools, Jesus himself tells use to go away, know why is that, hmmmm

How To Go To Heaven
According to the holy Word of God in the King James Bible!
It is very simple to be saved and takes only a minute to explain. Please let me show you how to get to Heaven from the Bible, God’s Word…

Man is a Sinner in the Eyes of a Holy God.

Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”Romans 3:19, “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.”John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”

There is a Price For Our Sin―Burning in Hell Forever.

Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”Romans 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”2nd Thessalonians 1:8, “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”

Jesus paid that price by dying on the cross and shedding His blood; Christ was buried and bodily rose again the third day!

Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”1st Peter 1:18-19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ…”1st Corinthians 15:1-4, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” This is the Gospel.

By faith in Jesus Christ ALONE we are immediately saved.Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”Mark 1:15, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”Acts 26:18, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”1st Corinthians 3:11, "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”

Salvation is NOT found in a religion or good works, but in a Person… The LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Simply BELIEVE the Gospel and You Are Saved!

Glad you had Anthony on.

The miracles of reinterpretation :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy:

David…just realised u look like don henleys younger brother

1 The All-Compassionate
Luke 7:13
Mark 9:22
Mark 8:2
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Matthew 23:37.

2 -The All-Merciful

Luke 18:13

Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
Luke 23:43
Matthew 9:6
Mark 2:5
John 8:11

3-The Absolute Ruler

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:18

THE RULER of the kings of the earth.
Revelation 1:5
Revelation 17:14

4- The Pure One

Revelation 3:7

Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
John 8:46
Revelation 4:8
Revelation 5:12-13
Luke 1:35

5- The Source of Peace

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:27
Isaiah 9:6

6-The Inspirer of Faith

The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
Luke 17:5
Revelation 3:14

7-The Guardian

For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.
1 Peter 2:25
Matthew 28:20
John 10

8 - The Victorious

But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:57

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

9- The Compeller

These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Revelation 3:7

Revelation2:22-23

10-The Greatest

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and thingsunder the earth;
Philippians 2:10

Hebrews 1:8

Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
Matthew 4:11

11- The Creator

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:3
And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Hebrews 1:10
Matthew 13:37-43
Hebrews 1:2

12- The Maker of Order

Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.
Matthew 23:10
John 13:34
Revelation 3:14

13- The Shaper of Beauty

I am making everything new
Revelation 21:5
Revelation 3:12
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
2 Corinthians 5:17

14- The Forgiving

Luke 7:48
Mark 2:10
Luke 5:24
Luke 5:20

15- The Subduer

even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Revelation 3:21
John 16:33
Matthew 16:19
Matthew 8:29
Revelation 1:18

16- The Giver of All

You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
John 14:14
Matthew 10:1
Mark 6:7
Mark 9:1
John 1:12
Revelation 2:26

17- The Sustainer

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
John 6:35
Hebrews 1:3

18- The Opener

Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
Luke 24:45
Luke 24:31

19- The Knower of All in Spirit

I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
Revelation 2:23
Matthew 9:4
I know thy works
Revelation 3:8
Revelation 3:15
Matthew 24:25
Matthew 9:21:22
Luke 5:22
Luke 6:8
Luke 7:39-40
Luke 9:47
Luke 11:17
John 6:6
Acts 1:24.
John 2:24-25

20 - The Reliever

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28-29
John 14:27
Matthew 28:20
John 7:37
John 20:22

21- The Abaser
And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
Luke 8:31

“And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.”
Matthew 21:44
Acts 4:11
1 Corinthians 15:55

22- The Exalter

And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man who is in heaven.
John 3:13
Hebrews 4:14
Hebrews 1:8
The Mighty God
Isaiah 9:6
Revelation 3:1
Philippians 2:10
Hebrews 1:6

23- The Bestower of Honors

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Revelation 2:10
John 20:23
Matthew 19:28

24- The Humiliator

I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
Revelation 19:15
Luke 10:12

25- The Hearer of All

You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
Matthew 7:7
Matthew 21:22
He shall clarify me, for he shall take of that which is mine and shall cause you to know it.
John 16:14
John 14:13

26- The Seer of All

for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.
Matthew 10:26-27

I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.
Revelation 2:2
Revelation 2:9
I know thy works

27- The Judge
All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Matthew 25:31-34
John 5:22
John 5:27
Revelation 22:12

28- The Just

"The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Matthew 25:31-46
Matthew 3:12

29- The Subtle One

No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom — the Son chooses to reveal him.
Matthew 11:27

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:29-30

30- The All-Aware
For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
Matthew 18:20
My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.
John 10:27
Revelation 3:20

31- The Forbearing

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.
Isaiah 53:7
Acts 8:32
John 19:11
Revelation 6:11

31- The Magnificent

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
Revelation 5:11-12
"
At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
Mark 13:26
Matthew 25:31
Revelation 3:1

Why did Jesus never say, "I am God. the reason we have to search him with all our heart and with all our soul . and Finally we found him

search for Me with all your heart and with all your soul and You will find Me .

Finally we found him and his NAME IS JESUS .

no need JESUS to say : " I am God," because he already is.

If you don’t believe Just read and Look His “WORK ,”

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deuteronomy 4:29

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Seek you the LORD while he may be found, call you upon him while he is near:
Isaiah 55:6

Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning
John 8:24-25

No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
Matthew 11:27

1 -who is the One whose able to FORGIVE SINS ?

absolutely sure you will say “GOD”

Here arises a question if Jesus the Forgiver of Sins then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

Who is JESUS CHRIST ( ? )

2 - who is the One whose able to Bring us into the paradise ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is able to bring us into paradise then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

( Luke 23:43 )

3 - who is the One whose Greater Than the temple ?

absolutely sure THE GOD is Greater Than the temple .

Here arises a question if Jesus is Greater than the temple then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Matthew 12:6

4 - who is the One whose able to give eternal life ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is able to give us eternal life then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

YES it’s ME JESUS WHO gives not only life but eternal life

John 10:28

5 - who is the One whose have All power in the Heaven and in the Earth ?

Here arises a question if Jesus have All power in heaven and in earth then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

6 - Who is the One whose capable to know our hearts and minds ?

Here arises a question if Jesus knows our hearts and minds then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.
I know thy works
Jeremiah 17:10

7 - Who is the One whose able to Judge the mankind ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is JUDGE of mankind then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 657:
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 658:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 425:
Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 656: .

8- Who is the One whose able to give POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is able to give POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

THE LORD JESUS “breathed” on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
Luke 21:15

9- Who is the One whose able to give the reward each person according to what they have done ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is able to give the reward each person according to what they have done then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
Matthew 25:31-45

10- Who is the One whose capable to listening our prayers ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is listening our prayers then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

YOU MAY ASK ME.

FOR ANYTHING IN MY NAME,

AND

I WILL DO  IT .

11- Who is the One whose able to destroy both soul and body in hell ?

Here arises a question if Jesus have authority to destroy both soul and body in hell then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

O JESUS don’t send us into hell we know you have the keys of hell and of death.
Matthew 10:28
‎Revelation 1:18

12 - Who is the One whose created All things ?

Here arises a question if All things created by Jesus then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

1 -who is the One whose able to FORGIVE SINS ?

Here arises a question if Jesus the Forgiver of Sins then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

2 - who is the One whose able to Bring us into the paradise ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is able to bring us into paradise then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

( Luke 23:43 )

3 - who is the One whose Greater Than the temple ?

absolutely sure THE GOD is Greater Than the temple .

Here arises a question if Jesus is Greater than the temple then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Matthew 12:6

4 - who is the One whose able to give eternal life ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is able to give us eternal life then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

YES it’s ME JESUS WHO gives not only life but eternal life

John 10:28

5 - who is the One whose have All power in the Heaven and in the Earth ?

Here arises a question if Jesus have All power in heaven and in earth then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

6 - Who is the One whose capable to know our hearts and minds ?

Here arises a question if Jesus knows our hearts and minds then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

I know thy works

7 - Who is the One whose able to Judge the mankind ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is JUDGE of mankind then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 657:
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 658:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 425:
Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 43, Number 656: .

8- Who is the One whose able to give POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is able to give POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

THE LORD JESUS “breathed” on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
Luke 21:15

9- Who is the One whose able to give the reward each person according to what they have done ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is able to give the reward each person according to what they have done then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
Matthew 25:31-45

10- Who is the One whose capable to listening our prayers ?

Here arises a question if Jesus is listening our prayers then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

YOU MAY ASK ME.

FOR ANYTHING IN MY NAME,

AND

I WILL DO IT .

11- Who is the One whose able to destroy both soul and body in hell ?

Here arises a question if Jesus have authority to destroy both soul and body in hell then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

O JESUS don’t send us into hell we know you have the keys of hell and of death.
Matthew 10:28
‎Revelation 1:18

12 - Who is the One whose created All things ?

Here arises a question if All things created by Jesus then what you will say about THE LORD JESUS ?

I’m interested in the christian religion and I’d like to know more about the first views of the disciples like peter and james, not paul, and I wondered (reading a history on the birth of christianism) whether they viewed jesus as a god that we should worship or on the contrary just a prophet who preached the one God, knowing that they differed with paul and his way of constructing his theology? Could you make a video on this subject?

Any person who argues that Jesus is god had better prepare themselves for the indictment that charges Jesus with premeditated murder on a massive scale.

Give me one verse of your bible that says Jesus was god and I’ll convert right now

Anthony is showing how Mark, lbeautifully composes his gospel, complete with OT and Johannine references, to drive home the point of the deity, kenosis, atonement, and glorification of Christ. Reminds me of Beethoven; of allusions in other great literature; of the former show Whad Ya Know on Wisconsin Public Radio, in which the host would bring back an earlier comment by a guest, and of the Great Dance at the end of Perelandra, by CS Lewis.

Well, just like there’s no correlation btw a sentence and the option of fine: there’s no similarity btw a ten year prison term and the option of 100,000 dollars fine, other than the fact that that’s what the law requires, same way there’s no correlation btw eternal damnation and the fine of Jesus being in the belly of earth for 3 days, other than that it’s what the law of God requires…