Jesus Rose from the Dead (David Wood & Mike Licona LIVE, 8:00pm Eastern Time)

David Wood and Mike Licona will be LIVE at 8:00pm (Eastern Time) discussing the evidence for Jesus’ resurrection. Join the discussion!

Mike’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/milico885

Mike’s short book on the Resurrection (“The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus”): Amazon.com

Mike’s big book on the Resurrection (“The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach”): https://amzn.to/38wT3yf

“Paul Meets Muhammad: A Christian-Muslim Debate on the Resurrection”: Amazon.com

“Why Are There Differences in the Gospels?”: https://amzn.to/2Rg3vEo

#Resurrection #Jesus #MikeLicona

The liberal theologian Hans Kung writes: “the fact of the crucifixion, which according to all the earliest Christian, Jewish and pagan sources is historically indisputable and needs no proof.” (Kung, Islam: Past, Present & Future, p. 498).

John Crossan, co-founder of the liberal organization known as the Jesus Seminar, declared:“Jesus’ death by crucifixion under Pontius Pilate is as sure as anything historical can ever be. For if no follower of Jesus had written anything for one hundred years after his crucifixition, we would still know about him from two authors not among his supporters. Their names are Flavius Josephus and Cornelius Tacitus.” (Crossan, Jesus a Revolutionary Biography, p. 145).

Richard Carrier is an historian, but not a New Testament scholar.

The miracle of the holy fire in Jerusalem each Easter is a sign of the resurrection.

Aw, I like you guys :blush:

David is such a great guy.
Amazing smile and personality.
Also the apologetics prowess is a plus.

@1:08:05 Barry schwartz does affirm the shroud’s authenticity but he doesn’t think it is the by product of the resurrection. He holds to a variation of the malliard reaction theory that Jesus’s corpse produced the the image.

God bless you David wood and God bless you mike licona

Jesus Christ is God✝️
Ex Muslim here from Pakistan.

Just bought the case for the resurrection of Jesus and the case for Christ by Lee Strobel :raised_hands:

7:51 My dad doing electrical work in the house

10:53 When I don’t work out

I wish Mike Licona and Lydia McGrew would do a joint debate book. There are a lot of Christians who are torn between their two views, and it would be helpful to see them dialogue/debate with each other about it.

Maybe one day somebody will invent a tricorder, and they can test the shroud without having to cut it up.

Jesus was a drag queen.

God is a drag queen.

I personally question the shroud if torin because of some uncertain science, the Catholic Church involvement, and the fact that except for levites, all jewish men had very short hair.

So , Jesus did not say: " my God why have you forsaken", me because he was weak and confused and miserable. It is the beginning of a psalm, that fortold the crucifixion. They did not have chapter and verse in those days and so rabi’s would speak the beginning of verses to references them. People in those days generally knew the scriptures by heart, across the culture. He was pointing the witnesses of his death to scripture to show them that prophetic scripture of the Messiah was being fulfilled before thier eyes; so that, after his death, they would know he was thier savior. It was not an embarresment to include it in scripture. We only think so because we don’t understand what’s going on in the passage.

sounds better

Un believable you two are there.

I wonder though, how old is the principal of embarrassment? Cause using reverse psychology someone may ask themselves. ‘hey how do we make our story more believable? I know put in an embarrassing story about that guy no one will believe we made that up.’ Might just be going super crazy skeptic here tho.