My Jihad: Building Friendships?

A new campaign to whitewash Islamic Jihad features bus ads claiming: “My Jihad Is to Build Friendships Across the Aisle.” But does Islam really promote building friendships with non-Muslims? In this video, Robert Spencer, David Wood, and Pastor Joseph discuss what the Qur’an has to say about these pro-Jihad banners.

Repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, believe in your heart that He has died for sins and rose from the tomb on the third day and let the Holy Spirit within you, and you shall be saved. Amen

And this is why Europe turned into a rotten egg, soon a big islamic monster will hatch forth from the egg and you will see the true face of islam in your own nest. At this point I say we let the beast destroy the liberals before actually doing anything.

ıslam is fraud, made up religion by araps. Ex-muslım / Christian-Turk

İslam ıs fraud -* ex-muslım–Chrıstıan/Turk

Its seems Islam is starting to really proclaim their utter lies and deceit to an ignorant world. As their lies and cult religion has spread and exploded here in Australia with their slogan My Peace as a posed to My Jihad in the US.

tekiya man

Liar… 9:29
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

I think you kicked hid butt

Yes, there was a period of time where Muslims, Christians, Romans, Vikings, aimed to grow empires.

I’ve turned the other cheek as many times as I can.

Surah 109 Al Kafirun

Say : O ye that reject Faith!
I worship not that which ye worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
To you be your Way, and to me mine.

God does not forbid you to be kind and equitable to those who have neither made war on your religion nor driven you from your homes. God loves the equitable.(60:8)

Serve God and associate none with Him. Show kindness to parents and kindred, to orphans and to the destitute, to near and distant neighbours, to those that keep company with you, to the traveller in need, and to the slaves you own. God does not love arrogant and boastful men, (4:36)

I will end now by saying that I am not a hypocrite. I take peace and love very seriously. They are a part of the Abrahamic tradition which I practice to the best of my ability. I believe in all the Prophets, including Jesus, who has taught me a lot about turning the other cheek which Muhammad also did for the first 11 years of his revelation. It was only when the ummah grew large and begged for the permission to defend themselves and retrieve the property stolen from them, that God allowed them.

The Muslims, the Jews, the Christians, and the Sabians- all those who believe in God and the Last Day and do good- will have their rewards with their Lord. No fear for them, nor will they grieve. (2:62)

9:29 is only about those who are hypocrites against their own religion because as 9:29 says, they are those “who do not believe in God and the Last Day”. Islam is not considered a new religion, but the continuation of the Abrahamic tradition (he is the father of Jews, Christians & Muslims).

9:29 only refers to a historical, time specific period and only those Christians in that time who are the enemies of the Muslims

God only forbids you to make friends with those who have fought against you on account of your faith and driven you out of your homes or helped others to do so. Any of you who turn towards them in friendship will truly be transgressors. (60:9)

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (2:190)

And the servants of the Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humbleness, and when those who reject submission to God address them, they say, “Peace! (25:63)

When a courteous greeting is offered you, meet it with a greeting still more courteous, or (at least) of equal courtesy. Allah takes careful account of all things. (4:86)

The Prophet said, “When the People of the Book offer you salaams, you should say the same to you.”

I apologize for insulting you and I realize you may think I am attacking your opinion. That wasn’t my intention at all. I assume you are Christian and you believe in the Trinity. I am on the Sufi path so my perspective is from a different angle than some Muslims, but I believe everyone has the right to view it their way. Sometimes I don’t realize how I come across. I apologize for that.

That being said, I’m not a hard core Quranist. I study the hadith, but I don’t think they should be used to make religious or legal rulings, for example. For example, Muhammad, peace be upon him, supposedly stoned an adulterer yet that is not the punishment for adultery in the Quran (though it is the punishment for adultery in the Old Testament/Torah).

Greetings of Peace,

“Ruh Allah” is the Spirit/Breath of God. It was breathed into Adam. It was breathed into Mary, may peace be on her, when Jesus, peace be upon him, was conceived in her blessed womb. Just as a leaf is part of a tree, but it is not the tree. Or your nose is a part of your body, but not your whole body.

Muhammad, peace be upon him, followed the Quran. To know what Muhammad forbids, just look at the Quran. Too many hadith are flawed and unreliable (even some of the sahih).

correct me if i am wrong, how can you not believe in the hadith and still be a muslim? doesn’t it mean that you are an apostate?

Amen to that my friend!