Orwell's Review of Hitler's "Mein Kampf": A Lesson for Today

In 1940, George Orwell (of “1984” and “Animal Farm” fame) reviewed Adolf Hitler’s “Mein Kampf.” In explaining Hitler’s rise to power, however, Orwell explained much of what we see around us now. David Wood discusses Orwell’s book review and the lesson for today.

For more on Orwell, be sure to watch “Why George Orwell Wrote 1984”: - YouTube

RUMBLE: Acts17Apologetics
BITCHUTE: DavidWoodVideos
MINDS: Acts17Apologetics (@Acts17Apologetics) | Minds
LBRY: Acts17Apologetics
MEWE: MeWe - The Next-Gen Social Network
PARLER: Parler - Where Free Speech Thrives
GAB: David Wood (@DavidWood) • gab.com - Gab Social
PATREON: David Wood is creating EPIC videos | Patreon
SUBSCRIBESTAR: David Wood on SubscribeStar
STORE: https://teespring.com/stores/acts-17-merch
PAYPAL: PayPal.Me

#GeorgeOrwell #Hitler #MeinKampf

Why did George Orwell write 1984? Find out here: - YouTube

Absolutely incredible analysis of Human nature.

I believe there is a lot more to why these wars took place. I don’t believe what we’ve been taught is the truth

Wow. Good points.

we used to fight against Nazi’s who were putting Jews into ovens

:rofl: But we didn’t, did we. Even in the official version of the Holocaust narrative we only find that out AFTER the war, so as much as we may be tempted to continue to rewrite the history of that conflict to make it all about the Jews, we can’t and we shouldn’t. The real history of the war is far more interesting and understanding it is far more satisfying. As is Hitler’s book, compared to Orwell’s unsatisfactory review.

So Orwell just went down in my estimation. What a biased-to-the-point-of-willful-misundetanding-and-misrepresentation review that was. Just read the fucking book. Make up your own mind about it. I have and I found it interesting and not especially vulgar – you’ll hear worse on twitter day after day in a far less reasonable manner.

Did you not know- theres more GERMANS in america than any other group??? Hitler was removing inferior groups from EUROPE. They do the inventing JEWISH people save up their money for it. Do not say RACISM swings both ways because I’m a new arian type- in the future we all will look like that.

i think its somewhat odd how orwell takes the thing hitler was legitamatly fightin against and sawd as problems with the society that was developin and twists the view in a way to make it seem as if hitler was makin mountians outta mole hills

Germany was a land also of ''caberet and I guess a sort of licentiosness,

What Hitler did with social-Darwinism back in the early 20th century, today people are doing something similar with the atheistic evolutionary naturalism. If morality and ethics are taught and accepted to be subjective, one that can be comfortably cast off at will. The only difference today is that the weapons and logistics have become a million times more powerful than what Hitler could procure.

Oh dear…looks like history repeats in 2022.l as USA and UK support fascists in Ukraine.

I have that edition. Great historical collectors item

PS Why identify Orwell as an atheist? Does this affect the accuracy or meaning of his book review? Would a Christian writer with the same essay be a better communicator of truth? As your typical born-again evangelical, I don’t think there is any connection at all between someone who is saved and someone who is prescient.

I’m so glad to be awake and at peace because I have night terrors to worry about. I think the blue haired ppl have sweet dreams and so during their waking time look for a fight or be offended or adore themselves in the mirror.

Most people seek answers to life’s problems in the wrong place. The solution to life’s problems is in the Bible.

The world just changed. There is a new struggle in town.

This helps 1000 percent

Repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, believe in your heart that He has died for sins and rose from the tomb on the third day and let the Holy Spirit within you, and you shall be saved. Amen

Since you like discussing the ideas of atheists, how about Ayn Rand?