Presuppositional Apologetics (LIVE with Vocab Malone and Anthony Rogers, 8:00pm ET)

David Wood, Vocab Malone, and Anthony Rogers will be LIVE at 8:00pm (Eastern Time), discussing presuppositional apologetics.

Subscribe to Vocab’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vocabmalone

#DavidWood #VocabMalone #AnthonyRogers

I am amazed that Anthony is reformed. I am not reformed but I really appreciate Anthony’s humility and intellect.

Greetings from Philippines

thanks for fighting heresies.

12:00

I’m going to be completely honest. I’m super lost in your YouTube world David

Hats off for your.

“Unload and make a believer out of him.” Preach the word of God to him even if he says that he does not believe it.

How do protestants escape the problem of induction when they depend on inductive Bible study?

Why we do this?
Matt Dillahunty: because we are selfish.

I’m glad David Wood is not a Calvinist:)

Awesome discussion! Pre supp apologetics is my favourite kind.

I’m computer novice how do I watch vocabs channel???

What did St. Paul mean when he said to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

1:03:15 - 1:05:18

Anthony,

I can’t speak for the daughter religions of Hinduism since I don’t know a tremendous amount about them* - but if you’re referring to Hinduism specifically, this misunderstands what we mean when we say that the material world is illusory and that Brahman is the ultimate reality. It doesn’t mean that within this illusion, distinctions should be ignored to an impractical or harmful extent, or that we should pass our lives in indolence and apathy towards the world around us. It also doesn’t mean that there is ‘no difference between different ideologies’, but that all religions are paths to God and that any conceivable way of thinking about God is a valid one, as long as it works for you.

Draupadi said, “It’s misery that makes me
talk in this way. I don’t despise dharma.
But one who does nothing in the face of evil
is an unfired pot, worn away by water.
You preach forbearance above everything,
but every living human being must act.
From the infant, [feeding from its mother]**
to the dying person’s final labored breath,
we fight to stay alive. What we achieve
is not just fate, nor is it mere chance
but the fruit of all we try to do.
We have to strive with what strength we possess,
using reason and determination,
to convert our actions to achievement.
That way, we need not reproach ourselves.
A peasant turns the soil and plants the seed.
Then he wats for rain. If the monsoon
fails, and the seedlings wither in the ground,
he will, at least, have acted as he should.
Without fate and chance he cannot prosper.
But without his action, best of husbands,
fate and chance have nothing to work upon.”

• Mahabharata (from an edition without verse numbers)
  • Except for the topic of the origin of the underlying philosophy of Sikhism, since Muslims like to say that it’s more Islam than Hinduism, which is patently and demonstrably false.
    ** Euphemism to avoid any potential bad word censors in place on the channel

In b4 semi-pelagian Leightonites come in and comment that they’re not arminians, wE aRe pRoViSiOnIsTs!!

Presuppositional apologetics misjudges the presuppositional toolset of the Atheist. It’s not just their presuppositions about the lack of existence of a diety, it is a presupposition that their presuppositions don’t need a foundation and I have yet to see a successful argument against this. Atheists are no longer arguing against objective good and evil. They have accepted that objectivity is formed through subjective consensus. Sweet crap… we Christians don’t even know what to argue anymore.

Why does every presuppositional argument sound like a flat earth thesis?

My big problem with Presuppositionalists: you have to convince the other side to accept your presupposition that their presuppositions are baseless. This approach it trash. It’s like chosing to fight your battle in a swamp instead of an elevated plane.

Calvinism is…

• Sovereignty of God
  • Total depravity
  • Unconditional election
  • Particular redemption
  • Irresistible grace
  • Definitive atonement
    STUPID!