Qur'an Error: Does the Sun Set in a Muddy Pool? (Surah 18:86)

According to the Qur’an (18:86), the sun sets in a pool of murky water. Muslims have tried desperately to reinterpret this verse. Unfortunately for them, Muhammad gave his interpretation in the Hadith.

Normally when anyone see sun setting where there is sea, a lake, a river it seems like sun going into the sea or river or lake but actually not, same visuals have been seen near a muddy pool when sun set as if the sun went inside the muddy pool seen by person of those times 1400 years ago who did not know about space astronomy earth revolving and going round the sun, so quran is written by uneducated people, can be judged not gods word.

Thank you so much Brother

It’s a false Hadith.
This Hadith had a version split between narrators. So, that Hadith you mentioned is the false version due to many reasons.

1st reason: First version was by multiple narrators “Al-A’mash, Yunis bin Ubaid, Musa bin Al-Mussaib and Harun bin Saad” (total of 4 narrators) and none of them mentioned “the sunsets in a muddy spring” in their narrarions.

2nd reason: Al-Hakam bin Utaibah was the only narrator who introduced the second version (unique hadith version) that has “the sunsets in a muddy spring”.

3rd reason: The narrator Al-Hakam bin Utaibah. An-Nasa’i (RA) said about him “he is a forger” in his book “Thikr Al-Mudalliseen (Number/11)”. Also, Ibn Hab’aan (RA) said about him “he used to forge” in his book “Al-Thiqaat (144/4)”. The scholars were suspicious about him for his versions being diffetent from other trusted Hadith narrators.

4th reason: The first version was narrated by the two Imamas Al-Bukhari and Muslim. They left this unique hadith version.

Conclusion: The second version of the Hadith is False among Hadith scholars. And those who thought it’s an evidence to attack Hadith revelations are ignorants in the field of Hadith Science.

And they ask you, [O Muḥammad], about Dhul-Qarnayn. Say, “I will recite to you about him a report.” (Surah 18:83)

Indeed, We established him upon the earth, and We gave him from everything a way [i.e., means]. (Surah 18:84)

So he followed a way (Surah 18:85)

Until, when he reached the setting of the sun [i.e., the west], he found it [as if] setting in a body of dark water,1 and he found near it a people. We [i.e., Allah] said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness. (Surah 18:86) — Saheeh International

Did anyone ever hard the term “Land of the Rising Sun” dose that means the sun rises from [ Japan ]. Lol

The next interesting question would be: if a Muslim travelled so far north (i.e. Norway), that he reached a place doesn’t set in summer (aka polar day). What should this Muslim do, in case Ramadan falls into this time (without sunset)?

Again David the guy who don’t understand arabic in its real form but makes his own make belief up for views so family can have a nice lifestyle

When the children don’t understand the math question either they say the question is wrong or they simply deny the knowledge their teacher had.

Similar way you need to learn before you speak.

This was the video that shattered my last bit of faith in Islam back in 2015 and almost 6 years later I am here to thank you for this amazing video… still holds up :blush::heart:

Political Quran/ the jihadi verse
:sun_with_face: Surah 18 verse 86 :sun_with_face:
1- the Author of the Quran made a scientific mistake between his verses (inside his the the Quran of big lie)
2- the Sheikh lying after that because he want Islam to be a perfect thing, (the political sheikh he wants to delete this mistake from the Quran, but he can’t).

Read all surah 18 verse 85 to 90

Reinterpretation is something you dumbass :joy: can’t get cause you didn’t grow in Arabic. Mohamed hijab gave you the meat xd

The hole story talks about them planing to do something while using the same word

A book so perfect it needs 7 other books just to understand it :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

So Muslims serve a god that says what he doesn’t mean, means what he doesn’t say!?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Sunan Abu Dawood Hadith No. 3991. Narrated Aishah, Ummul Muminin: I heard the Messenger of Allah صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم read: (There is for him) Rest and satisfaction (faruhun wa rayhan).U r lying David this is actual hadees.

… this is the pbuh’s KAMASUTRA MANUAL…

Have we ever seen sun smiting someone? No!

“The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.” (Psalms 121:6)

Have we ever seen someone wearing a sun? No!

“And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.” (Revelation 12:1)

Do we believe, Sun ever goes down literally? No!

“Are they not on the other side Jordan, by the way where the sun goeth down, in the land of the Canaanites, which dwell in the champaign over against Gilgal, beside the plains of Moreh?”(Deuteronomy 11:30)

The above verses from Bible are NOT literal!

Have we ever literary seen the thing “HESITATION”? No!

“…and they find (verb: wajad) no hesitation in their hearts…” (Quran 59:9)

THE TRAVELLER (ZUL-QARNAIN) ENJOYED A SUNSET DURING HIS JOURNEY:

Zul-qarnain observed a sunset (as we observe sunset at sea beach) during his journey. Quran was describing zul-qarnsin’s view, not God’s. The same verbe “ wajada" was used, which means he perceived it or it appeared to him, which was then described in Quran In poetic language (such as when we say “The moon hid behind cloud”, it only appears so to us.)

They ask thee concerning Zul-qarnain. Say, “I will rehearse to you something of his story”…One way he followed, Until, when he reached the setting of the sun (“ maghrib"), he found (“wajadaha”) it set in a spring of murky water :…Then followed he (another) way……Until, when he came to the rising of the sun, he found (“wajadaha”) it rising on a people for whom We had provided no covering protection against the sun…Then followed he (another) way…Until, when he reached (a tract) between two mountains, he found (“wajada”), beneath them, a people who scarcely understood a word. (Quran 18:83–93)

So, zul-qarnain traveled three ways. He traveled West and enjoyed a sunset in water body. Then he traveled another direction and found the Sun rising on people. Then he travelled a third way and found a tribe with unknown language living beside two mountains. If you don’t take these verse as “perceived”, but literal “seeing”, then when he went to his second way and found sun rising on people, is that also literal??

This optical illusion of the sun’s “disappearing into the sea” was explained by Quran commentator Razi who quoted from Quran commentary (now lost) by Abu `Ali al-Jubba’i. He was a Mu’tazili scholar who lived around 225 to 292 AH. So, this is not a new phenomenon among Muslim commentator to take this verse metaphorically. All later scholars born around after 600 years of prophet Muhammad (Razi, Qurtubi, Kathir, Badwai) explained this as view of zul-qarnain. So, there is no way to think that,Quran told that Sun set in a spring, all early Muslims believe that and they have changed their opinion with advancement of science!!!

GOD DOESN’T DESCRIBE-A PLACE WHERE SUN SETS:

“Maghrib” is not literal place where sun sets, but it means the direction of sun’s disappearance. It is used many times in Quran. In the same chapter we see the use of this word while describing people of the cave:

And you see the sun when it rises, it visits their cave from the right, and when it sets (same root word), it touches them from the left, while they are in an enclosure from it. That is from the signs of God. Whoever God guides is the guided one, and whoever He misguides, you will not find for him any ally to give direction. (Quran 18:17)

And you were not on the western slope (same root word), when We decreed the command to Moses. You were not a witness. (Quran 28:44)

So, there is no one specific “maghrib” or literal setting point of sun REVEALED by God, in Quran!

ZUL-QARNAIN DIDN’T REACH PLACE OF SUN SET:

Some people say, Quran says that zul-qarnain travelled until he reached the setting place of Sun, which is completely wrong. The presence of time adverb (“idha”) ensures it means, zul-qarnain saw this view when he reached a certain place AT THE TIME OF SUNSET, NOT he saw this view when he reached place of sunset.

“…One way he followed, Until, when (“idha”) he reached…”

AYNIN HAMIATIN:

It doesn’t mean only “pool” or “spring” but a gushing water body with muddy appearance. Water In still pool never remain muddy due to the deposition of silt that produces clear water In surface. Muslim researchers gave various opinion about the identity of Zul-qarnain and what water body he met such as Aegean Sea, Black Sea or Hwan Ho river of China, which is literary called “Yellow River” for it’s muddy appearance (you can read this last opinion in page 12–13 of attached very interesting paper about zul-qarnain). Sometimes the Yellow River is poetically called the “Muddy Flow” in Chinese language. I am personally not bothered about the location, as I am not bothered about location where Noah got down from Ark or where Adam first set his feet on earth or where Mosess parted the sea.

HERE IS THE MILLION-DOLLA QUESTION: Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said, “Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” If you have done these things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart, and the Bible warns that one day God will punish you in a terrible place called Hell. But God is not willing that any should perish. Sinners broke God’s Law and Jesus paid their fine. This means that God can legally dismiss their case: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” Then Jesus rose from the dead, defeating death. Today, repent and trust Jesus, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift. Then read the Bible daily and obey it. God will never fail you…