Road Trip Q&A 2: Can Muslims Defend the Quran by Pointing to Old Testament Violence?

Support my video projects on Patreon: David Wood is creating EPIC videos | Patreon
Can Muslims justify violence in the Qur’an by pointing to violence in the Old Testament? In this video, David Wood and Nabeel Qureshi respond to the question:

“Dear David how would you answer a Muslim that tries to show the violence of the Old Testament as a way of justifying the violence of the Quran. Like ‘the Old Testament is filled with violent passages yet you choose to believe Christianity is peaceful. It’s for the same reason I believe Islam is peaceful despite some violent verses.’”

The fact that Jesus never lead an uprising or start a military campaign says it all.

R.I.P Nabeel

But was the old covenant moral? If God is eternally good, how can you justify genociding the land of Canaan?

nabeel qureshi

Oh nabeel how much we are missing you! Jesus is Lord

He is right about the timeline of quran first page are write when muhamad was in make and dont have any power but other page(viloance stuff)come when he went to madine and become ruler …sorry about english and iam muslim born non beliver anymore

The violence of the Old Testament is the suppression of evil and the violence of the Qur’an is the suppression of freedom (even if is not to do evil). The Bible is the righteous “Eye for an eye” law WITH God in control vs. the Qur’an is the Sharia law WITHOUT God in control

The Law will not disappear UNTIL everything is accomplished (Matthew 5:18), and who accomplished it? Jesus did (Matthew 5:17), that is why we are no longer under the Law (Romans 6:14).

The Law is not the Commandments (Matthew 5:19). The Law changes depending on the circumstances like circumcision (Colossians 2:11), divorce (Matthew 19:8), food (Mark 7:19); but, not the Commandments (except for the Sabbath law).

This New Covenant was prophesied since (Jeremiah 31:31-34) because the Law was the shadow of the good things to come (Hebrews 10). (Philippians 3:9): not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith.

Jesus reopened the gate of heaven (John 10:9), now is up to us to either get in or not (Matthew 7:13) by following His teachings (John 14:15).

If you still need to go through the law, then what was the purpose of Jesus? To give us a recap? I don’t think so.

Is like your dad telling you, you will not go to your friend’s house until you clean your room, but for some reason you don’t have the capacity to clean it the way he wants it, but your brother does and clean it for you the way your dad wants it; the task is complete, now you don’t have to clean it because is already clean.

From now on, your brother will be in charge of your room as long as you keep that close and personal relationship with him base on what you have learned from him.

This must have been a very long road trip…

i dunno does anyone read these but i think quite many muslims are nice despite of bad influence of islam. same way many jews and christian are mean despite perfect advices of bible. also some atheists and agnostics are decent people who dont live according ‘survive of the fittest’ idea but are inselfish usually. question is which religion/ideology makes bad people good or nice people worse. i like to think of apostle paul before and after being christian.

i am wondering if these 2 clowns ever saw the video by bart ehrman called (contradiction in the bible)?

i am assuming these clowns never heard of BART EHRMAN. they need a crash course on history of the bible.

Are you trying to copy James Corden??

Question…A Muslim gave me numbers chapter 31 verse 17 and said to me how can a holy God justify the killing of innocent children?I then looked at the verse and told him that the children that he claims to be innocent were engaging in homosexual activity. Please take a look at the verse and tell me if I am wrong or right. Thanks

islam evil for sure, god of moses killed people in the desert with fiery serpent*s…explain that, Jesus is not the god of old testament, he is the son of the Creator, Allah is the same as old testament god…stone this kill that… explain ole wise one…

hey david wood and nabeel quershi hru i enjoy yr videos alot :slight_smile: and iam glad yr christains following christ. godbless u guys praise the lord. do u guys have a website were i can message u guys?

Dear David,
Matthew:
10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Luke:
19:27 But bring here these enemies of mine, who did not want me to rule over them, and slaughter them in my presence.
Jesus hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament:
Matthew
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
David you need to go back to that psychiatric hospital they didn’t finish the job.

Thanks for the video. Just heard about Nabeel. Praying for you, brother.

I’m curious to know how you would explain Matthew 5:17 where Jesus says “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.”

One rule for judging the bible and another for the Quran very subjective .!!

Oh yeah Mr D Wood where did you go to study interpreting the Quran etc …

It’s like Muslims will defend the Quran
And Christians will defend the bibles…

And some make money out of bashing other ppl’s Religion etc …
that’s the motivation there .!!

Luke 19:27 - But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [them] before me.

2 Peter 2:12 - But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

John 16:2 - They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Jude 1:22 - And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Romans 12:20 - Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.