Should Christians Celebrate Christmas? (David Wood & InspiringPhilosophy)

Is Christmas a pagan holiday? Should Christians celebrate Christmas? David Wood and Michael Jones (InspiringPhilosophy) discuss the issue LIVE.

Subscribe to InspiringPhilosophy: https://www.youtube.com/user/InspiringPhilosophy

#DavidWood #InspiringPhilosophy #Christmas

I appreciate Michael’s work here. I was one who said I was undecided. Despite the chaos in the chat room, I listened to the whole talk. Thank you for some good solid mythbusting. While I still cringe at some parts of modern Christmas, I can now at least enjoy the day with my family. Thanks again :heart:

The Christmas is a pagan Roman Catholic warship of mitre the sun god, on 25.12 because of the sun :sun_with_face: go down and come op again ( just like Jesus did).

:santa:Santa have 2 helpers krampus for children :baby: who are not nice with the father and mother and so one, and the other helper is for the good children :baby:.

Dear Cloudy NS. If we are willing to give up man made traditions and hear God’s Word in the Scriptures he will reveal it to any for Yah has no favourites. He looks not for hearers but doers/obedience. For only the truth sets one free. Error is a deceit from Satan that keeps one in bondage. Every major event from Genesis to Revelation happened on Yah’s appointed times called seasons and will occur again at Yahshua’s second coming similarly. False teachers claim the festivals of Leviticus 23 are Jewish yet Yah (God) says they are mine and not just given to one tribe Judah (Jews) but to Israel and we as Gentile are not separated from Israel but Book of Roman says Gentiles are grafted in having the same laws, curses and blessings. They put aside even the 7th day Sabbath (a festivals High Sabbaths) whereby this is the only commandment God says REMEMBER (cause God knew man would forsake them) to keep the Sabbath (s) HOLY. Holy means set apart that no other days can replace. Matthew 24:20 says say “pray that the end day comes not in winter or the Sabbath” so the Sabbaths are required until end days even Isiah 66 says in the Millennial the feast of Sukkot (feast of nations) will be celebrate and nations that refuse to come no rains (blessings) on them so how much more now. It’s not done away with. Doing away with it doing away with Yahshua/Jesus Christ and Abba Yah who is the Lord (Yahweh) of the Sabbath(s).

Irrespective of what you and missionaries say… Truth is… Christmas is not Christian but plagiarized and digested Pagans festival and culture ! You are not honest David and missionaries otherwise you should post about how Christianity is stealing plagiarizing and digesting Hindu Yoga, bharatnatyam, mantras etc today in Bharat ! What to trust of a cult whose propogators are so dishonest and hypocrites ??? No wonder x tianity is bloodiest and colonizing cult !

IP has done his homework. Props.

Yall heathens keep finding reasons to celebrate abominations and stay in your religion. Christianity is not of the GOD OF ISRAEL. Yes YALL ARE THE HEATHEN.
Jeremiah 10

10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

You sound like Islamists/Atheists trying to justify their nonsense. You only believe because someone told you like everyone loses the ability to think for themselves because they disagree, Oh we are much smarter now so we know better history means now we know better, people are not lost tribes just cause no reason given, you strawman and refute nothing when answering wrong points and time frames even saying they didn’t celebrate Christmas oh so it has to be called Christmas now = nonsense.
Christmas is Pagan. It is Saturnalia with a mix of Norse and Jesus. The same thing the Pope is trying to do with Islam and Christianity trying to close the differences to make an amalgamation this is nothing new. Americans take exception to this because USA is one of the only places that seems to have a focus on Jesus and nativity this is an American tradition & not true for just about everywhere else. This tradition creates nostalgia and because of that you want to protect the thing that gives you fond memories - Do not cling to the world cling to Jesus and his way everyday is “Christmas” for a Christian everyday is a day to give and receive and to remember God, the only thing Christmas and thanksgiving does is to get people use to the idea that once a year we all gather together just as the world will gather together each year in Israel when Jesus rules and reigns.

The Vikings also celebrated a festival known as Yule. The Viking Yule celebration was similar to the modern Christmas. … The Vikings had their Yule tree which inspired the later Christmas tree. The green tree was often decorated with small statues of their Norse gods, food, and clothes.
Odin was celebrated during Yule as well. Yule celebrations included bonfires, decorating with holly, mistletoe and the boughs of evergreen trees, ritual sacrifices, feasts, and gift-giving.

Saturnalia, held in mid-December, is an ancient Roman pagan festival honoring the agricultural god Saturn. Saturnalia celebrations are the source of many of the traditions we now associate with Christmas.
Saturnalia was an ancient Roman festival and holiday in honour of the god Saturn, held on 17 December of the Julian calendar and later expanded with festivities through to 23 December.
Instead of working, Romans spent Saturnalia gambling, singing, playing music, feasting, socializing and giving each other gifts. Wax taper candles called cerei were common gifts during Saturnalia, to signify light returning after the solstice

Take these add Jesus mix in some saints and remarket it as Christ mass = Christmas.

Point most fail to make is that Christmas is worldly it celebrates desires of the flesh with a Jesus wrapping in an attempt to make it ok. Each can celebrate differently but the main way is worldly and it took me years to find out Christmas had anything at all to do with Jesus because without someone pointing it out I would not have known.

I think Sun=Son refers to how Jesus is depicted in pictures with the Halo.

When Christ is removed from Christmas, that’s where the problem lies. I celebrate Christ’s birth, but not with the commercial trappings. Too much work. I’m 70.

marry christ-mas

is pagan ritual caming … even prophet jeremiah says " about cutting trees and make them elegant with funny toys "

christ-mas is a pagan event …

you should celebrate christ-birth because he is a saviour " not a christ-mas pagan event from pagans "

when constantine became christ-follower he inherited those pagan holydays …

santa is nothing more than a fiction …

S A T A N … = SANTA

christ-mass ?

seems to me you never read bible …

prophet jermaiah told to us " do not do as pagans are cutting threes and decorating them with elegant toys and bla-bla "

Not interested in ‘celebrating christmas’
Spend that opportunity of having time off earning a living to be with family, the homeless and the lost.
Thousands of children were sacrificed at the True time of Jesus birth…
I celebrate Jesus everyday i dont need a single day to be chosen by the world to be reminded Our Lord was born in the flesh to be Crucified on the Cross so that we have Eternal Life.
Celebrate Jesus everyday by being who we are called to be :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Please prove dec 25 is the actual date… or Jesus born in winter time…
And who setup dec 25? Is it the apostles?
The think here is biblical principles to follow not tradition of men…

38:56. 11:40

GREAT COLLAB​:muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

Please don’t celebrate Christmas no more. Few know this, but it is even described in the bible that you shouldn’t celebrate it in other words. I will give you a scripture: Jeremiah 10:1-5. The history of this “holiday” is pagan. The frosty vikings believed that this three was their sungod and so did the romans. On December 25th they used to celebrate the roman mid winter festival and you do not want to know what all the meaning behind everything is. God also tells us to keep us in remembrance by communion and to stay far a from heathen / pagan practices. It is hard denying your family, but no one is Jesus worthy if he or she places his mom or dad or child above His God. I hope that you will receive this message.

We Catholics, 25.12 celebrate Jesus birth!!

IP needs to check his ego. “He does know what he is talking about!”

'couse mosses born & die in the same date…so that why they so fixated on that…