The Evolution of Jesus in the Bible? (David & Anthony LIVE, 8:00pm ET)

Tonight at 8:00pm (Eastern Time), David Wood and Anthony Rogers will discuss the theory that there is an evolutionary development in the story of Jesus in the New Testament.

I’ll be LIVE on Abdullah Sameer’s channel tomorrow at 7:00pm (Eastern Time). Here’s the link: Interviewing David Wood - YouTube

Special thanks to everyone who contributed on SuperChat: Jemima Aaron, Mark Cyrill, Enzo 1965, rlund3, Peter A, Got Em Extreme Outdoors, Roman Gavrilov, Yemeni Briheem, Google User, OnijoOidan, Ham Sunshine, Snakehead4, Lion Of Olympus, James Ballari, Christian for Christ, and Jason Manning!

Wow, a very interesting live stream. 1189 days ago

Anthony’s thuggish looks belie his vast intellect

It probably had nothing to do with the guy’s argument, but he said that The Chronicles of Narnia is the “poor man’s Lord of the Rings,” in what sounded like a hit at C. S. Lewis. The author of LOTR was a Catholic and close friend of Lewis, so either way the literature is from a “Christian perspective,” no matter which one you prefer.

Obligatory comment for engagement credit

This deserves a million views, easily.

HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATION: DT 770 PRO - the most comfortable headphones with the best sound I’ve ever owned, so far. Pair it with a $40 mod mic, and it’s the best headset anyone can ask for.

I love his logic, he is indignant at the arrogance of Christians for believing in dumb ancient people without realizing what an arrogant statement that is.:joy:

Found this so interesting. Sad that such distorted arguments as put forth by this atheist are believed by people. However, ultimately nothing can stand against the truth of the Christian Gospel.

Each Gospel was written for specific reasons and for different peoples groups. Matthew was primarily Witten for a Jewish crowd. His genealogy starts with Abraham to show He is a true Jew. Luke starts Jesus’ genealogy from Adam to show He is true MAN. John has no genealogy and begins Jesus as the Word OF God, and Mark shows Jesus as a true suffering servant without a linage. .

If Matthew, Luke or Mark had been written after 70 AD why didn’t any of them say after Jesus’ prediction of “no stone left on another” “just as Jesus said”, like was said when He said “tear down this Temple and in three days I will raise it up. (but He was speaking of His body)”

Appeared in the flesh to 500 at once AND some are still alive.

---- > Great video.

---- > The Lord Jesus did say the old covenant / the time of the Old Testament kings ended with John the Baptist (Luke 16: 16) In Luke, the KJV does say the apostles believed the kingdom off God was imminent. In fact, my understanding, from 1 John 4: 3, is that, since the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, we are in the end times /last days.
… Matthew 3: 2, “And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
… Luke 16: 16, “The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
… Luke 19: 11, “And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.”
… Acts 1:2-7. " …6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power."
… 1 John 4: 3, " And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Isnt it strange that Christians are the ones who knows a lot better than muslims about their religion islam…:unamused:

ahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahah 20 year gap.

I’m DYING. That’s the funniest, most ignorant thing I’ve heard in a LONG time. If we only had a 20-year gap for most of our histories, how much more we would know!

BTW, the original argument of the “text critics” was that John was first (by far) and then the synoptic gospels were later because John is “much simpler” and Jesus is “less holy.” Theeeeeen the earliest Mark manuscript popped up, which embarrassed them, and they decided that the synoptic gospels definitely came first because they are “much simpler” and Jesus is “less holy.” I found that hilarious. Almost all of the text critical arguments are complete nonsense that are just farted out and are utterly inconsistent.

Thank you :pray:

One of the things which Leftist atheists and Muslims like to do is to ignore the ongoing miracles in the church. There are MANY who are healed outright, then there are those who by the Word of Knowledge, receive healing by either another Christian telling them what is going to heal them if they will do it, or the inward testimony of the Lord in their hearts as to what to do. Jesus Himself healed in a variety of ways and there are today also a variety of ways that the Lord still is healing us.

Moreover, the healing of the mind is quite obvious in that we know what happened in David’s life and what he did and how he became a Christian and that this man has now the most successful ministry on YouTube to Muslims, and one is to say, “how did this happen?” David had a life changing experience of Christ. Nabeel, we know did too and could have been killed because of his decision for Christ.

In all of history, there has not been a greater influence for good than the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus. I’ve met MANY people who have been not just healed but delivered of serious drug addiction where they should have gone through withdrawal – NOPE, no withdrawal, instantly happens and because of prayer and preaching. This is the power of Christ still.

Meanwhile, what is the power of atheism? Let’s look at abortion which has turned young people into some cases, serial killers. It is not uncommon for one woman to have several abortions (as if she does not understand what causes pregnancy from the start) and continues to have more and more. Some have 9 and aren’t ready to stop. In fact most who have one abortion will have a second one. If a man killed 9 people, and he was caught, would he not be tried as a serial killer? But a man dating a woman who he knows she loves getting abortions, cannot in having unprotected sex, not realize he is not as culpable, it isn’t just “her choice”, he is choosing to not only participate but to make a baby. Then there are people who wake up to their sins having worked in abortion clinics, become Christian and tell what is going on. This is a total corruption of what any species does. You will not find animals doing this!

Atheism can be not just a mere belief in no god, but out and out wallowing in vices. How does this make for a better society? The health of Americans has really gone down hill in my lifetime, as addiction is seen in many forms: food addicts, illegal drug addiction, prescription drug addiction, alcohol addiction, meat addiction leading to many health problems. And all these problems has pushed the cost of health care in the US higher than any other country’s cost, without counting the cost of abortion.

Christianity acts as a preservation of sanity, of health, of society as a whole. Mankind, given is own devices, without any moral guidance, can be quite pathetic, perverse and dangerous. If we are concerned about preserving the Earth for future generations, atheism is not the way to do it. In fact, due to Christian influence, even Muslim countries were pressured into giving up slavery finally in the 1960s, and slavery is making a comeback because they know that the atheists, who don’t care about killing their own kids, aren’t going to care about slavery either. Both atheism and Islam is a might makes right thing. If the parents are bigger and badder than the child whether born or not, death is more convenient, they don’t get punished by the law. Just say you fear rebellion of your child in a country with Sharia Law, no problem.

What made the West great was not the barrel of oil, it was Jesus Christ. If we want to preserve civilization, we must support and defend Christianity as apart from it, there is anarchy and there is no way to enforce the laws. WE are seeing this now as I live in California, need I say more? We either are going to step back from the edge and realize our own folly and the bankruptcy of atheism, or our country in time will be just another Venezuela.

This person did very sloppy research. Stoker only used the name Dracula for his book. Stoker had limited to no knowledge of Romanian history. He knew Vlad was a brutal leader and used the local folklore of vampires around eastern Europe to create a story.