The Trinity in Genesis? Two Objections (The Trinity in Jewish and Christian Scriptures, Part 2)

In Genesis 1:26, God says, “Let Us create man in our image, in Our likeness.” Numerous other passages in Genesis refer to God in plural terms. Trinitarians understand the text as affirming a plurality within the nature of God. Anti-Trinitarians, however, offer two main responses: (1) The text is using the “plural of majesty”; and (2) the text is including angels as co-creators with God. Anthony Rogers shows why both of these responses must be rejected.

Support Anthony’s work on Patreon: Anthony Rogers is creating Videos on Christianity and Islam | Patreon

#Trinity #Christianity #AnthonyRogers

Exodus 20:4-5 says, “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.”

Look David he contradicts in what he has said.

At 3:20, AR claims that Gen 3:22 has Yahweh stating that humans are like Him. Majority of scholars would disagree, and would attribute this to a wider claim where “us” refers to Yahweh’s heavenly counsel of angels which He rules over.

Seriously, there are ONLY FOUR “us” texts in the Tankah, so why does AR think these are the best examples for denying a plural of majesty argument?
Also, ANE scholarship heavily supports the plural of majesty view.

Nice video. One point to mention: Job 38:7 isn’t speaking of angels at all. Heb. 1:5 dispels this. Job 38:7 is poetic. It is synonymous parallelism where “morning stars” are synonymous with “sons of God”. So, the sons of God are equated to the luminaries. Other poetic verses describe the luminaries praising God (Ps. 89:5; 148:3-4; Neh. 9:6). Love the channel. You both are great teachers.

Trinity is a Catholic deception and breaks the 1st Commandment and 3rd. Repent.

could you invite Al Garza Shlomo? he is a Jewish Hebrew scholar who believes Elohim describes the triune God

PREACH BRO​:muscle::smirk_cat::pray::heart::orthodox_cross:

Deuteronomy 4:35&39 and John 10:30 and “our image” is referring to the divine council in Deuteronomy 32 and Genesis 2 speak to. People try and rationalise and manipulate out of ignorance or deceit but it matters not. 1 Corinthians 11:13-15 comes to mind. I do however trust in a God that is abundantly merciful and long suffering no matter which 1 of us is correct. God bless in the name of The Alpha and Omega Jesus Christ!

Thank you so much sir.thank you

I think this guy is confused about the angel thing.
The view is that god said that so the angels would feel good and not be jealous of man.
It doesn’t mean that the angel helped, because right after he said that he created man alone.

It kinda gives the opposite point.
If god was trinitarian, why does it say plural there, but singular right after?
I don’t know if he misrepresented the Point on purpose or not, but he should do more research.

Great Job Anthony, well explained

Even if the “ Plural of magesty” is false, where is this Triune God? Is there any other God except Jesus Christ’s God? The father? Our father?

Keep preachin Brother Anthony !!!

Excellent, excellent and excellent.

but still it doesnt prove god is one in being and three in person. And if god is three in person, you can not say the lord our god is one lord. You should say the lord our god is three or one in being and three in person. If trinity is the basic believe of old testament, it should have explicitly describe how god exactly is. You shouldn’t make a 2-hours video to prove trinity is in the ot. Because, there are no such verse which explicitly describe god is trinity

SERIAL SCAMMERS NEED TO BE IN PRISON 444♊️

Amen brother I agree with everything you said and it is true.

Jesus is my Lord and my God.

Some good stuff here but some is absolutely incorrect. I believe it may be good to familiarize yourself with Dr. Michael Heisers’ work in Unseen Realm.

For example, statements you make around minute 9 are demonstrably incorrect. You seem to think that elohim refers to God alone and not angels (or divine beings) but a better survey of the Bible would show that to be incorrect. Look at the use of elohim in Psalm 82 for example. An easy reconciliation is possible: God is the one who acts and creates but he brings in the divine sons of God to join in his creation to advise even (not that he needs it, but see Michaia in 1 Kings 22). In the same way, he is the one who changes hearts but he brings in human beings to join in what he is doing, to partner in his work. This can be further

amazing. Glory to God