Two Divine Persons in Genesis 19:24 (The Trinity in Jewish and Christian Scriptures, Part 3)

Genesis 19:24 declares: “The LORD caused to rain on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the LORD out of heaven.” Here the LORD (“Yahweh”) is on earth, but he reigns down fire from the LORD (“Yahweh”) in heaven. Anthony Rogers discusses the Trinitarian implications of this passage.

Support Anthony on Patreon: Anthony Rogers is creating Videos on Christianity and Islam | Patreon

#God #Trinity #AnthonyRogers

This delivery was weaker than just quoting each step of the text. Way too much talking about vernacular noun, verb, predicate, subject, etc. That’s not where the power of genesis 18 and 19 is.
I would add the ending of chapter 18 does not say that YAHWEH went to Sodom. It only says He departed. This is in contrast to verses prior in chapter 18 that specifically says the other two beings did go down to Sodom. Because YAHWEH said He will “go down” to Sodom yet this specific being of the three did not. Chapter 19 says He rained fire from Heaven. This adds further emphasis that these others two beings are also a part of YAHWEH. If they’re not then you would be calling God a liar because He did not go down only these two beings did.

3:28 AR claims that “the Lord says” but Zec 2 shows it’s two angels and Zechariah doing the talking:

Zechariah 2:3 (NASB95) And behold, the angel who was speaking with me was going out, and another angel was coming out to meet him,

“The angel who was SPEAKING”.

It’s common knowledge that angels spoke on Yahweh’s behalf. The word angel means “representative”. Angels and humans could carry Yahweh’s words if they represented Him. This means that if you read the verses AR left out, it is clear that Zec 2 has angels speaking on Yahweh’s behalf, sharing what Yahweh said.

In the Hebrew Bible, God calls Himself God or the Lord. In the New Testament, your Messiah called himself the son or the son of man, which is also a title instead of saying “I” or “me”, but you don’t say he was talking about another person. He used the third person too for himself. At least be fair and point that out.

Isaiah 48:16 as well.

Moses wrote the book of Genesis, why will Moses write in Genesis 19:24 about 1 GOD on earth and 1 in heaven sending fire-? to create CONFUSION ? there is no such thing in Genesis 24:19 suggesting anything about GOD speaking in third person.

1 Kings 8:1
Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which Zion.

two solomons? or just 1? same logic in Genesis 19:24. stop being dishonest.

Romans 5:12
…,and so death spread to all mankind, because all sinned -
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death,…
Revelation 20:10
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
John 10:9
I am the door; anyone who comes into the fold through me will be safe…
Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore to yourselves and to all the flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you overseers, to feed the church of Christ which he has purchased with his blood.
Romans 5:9
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.
Romans 8:1
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Genesis 19:24 has literally nothing to do with the Trinity. LOL!!

The Holy Trinity is an amazing and beautiful truth about our God that’s taught time and time again in scripture since Genesis all the way to Revelation that we should defend as Christians

The trinity is not quite what you think it is. When we ate from the " tree of the knowledge of good and evil". It gave us the ego the voice of fear guilt shame. The evil then is the spirit of the anti Christ. The holy spirit was then given us also in that same moment as the voice of the "good ". The holy spirit is the Voice of God and the Comforter. We can choose to listen to the Holy spirit to guide us instead of the ego ( the spirit of the anti-Christ) that will always lead us to ruin. The holy spirit keeps us safe and guides us to safety and peace if we accept its advice and follow it. The holy spirit will always put you in the right place at the right time. The ego speaks of fearful what if’s and creates plans and fosters ideas that lead us to ruin. God is outside nature he did not create the world we see around us, we did. What God creates is eternal what we create is illusion and is not eternal and is based in what we think of as the illusion of “nature”. The Holy Spirit keeps us connected with God and allows us accsess to God to overcome the mess we have made over the world that God actually created because we chose to listen to the voice of fear which is the ego.

Why do you call them “Persons?” This term is always applied to human beings. Why do you claim that God is even a Person? I would like to know where you got this idea from. Who made it applicable to our one supreme being who is omnipotent, omniscient, and ever lasting?

excellent presentation AR.

The original christians were called Nazarenes and followed the teachings of Yeshua and Torah. They also knew the writings and oral history as well. James the Just was the Nasi of the Kahal and he was a Pharisee. All writers in the New Testament (was never called that) were infact Priests or Pharisees.

ZOHAR THREE IN ONE HASHEM’S KEDUSHAH HAMESHULLESHET IN THE ZOHAR

The Ancient Holy One is revealed (found) with three Heads, which are united in One,and that Head is threefold exalted. The Ancient Holy One is described as being Three; it is because the other Lights (i.e.,two Lights) emanating from Him are included in the Three. Yet the Ancient One is described as being two (Daniel 7:13).The Ancient One includes these two (i.e.the two are found in Him). He is the Crown of all that is exalted; the Chief of the chief, so exalted, that He cannot be known to perfection. Thus the other Lights (Shining Ones) are two complete ones, yet is the Ancient Holy One described and complete as One, and He is One, positively One; thus are the other Lights united and glorified in One; because they are One.

The Zohar and many books before the “Church fathers” (who were antisemetic and stole many jewish works) have written about this in the Zohar/Sefirot concept before Nicea or any books by so called church fathers.

There is no such thing as the “Trinity”. This is a term created by a panel who had no authority to do so in the first place. Youre taking the concept pf the plurality of G-d , Jewish Text and and incorrectly translating them to christian replacement theology. Christians arent the only one who has access to the Ruach ha Kodesh. There is clearly a plurality of G-d. Genesis clearly states “We shall create him in our image.”

What a lot of rubbish! This guy is bending common sense to try to find evidence for his pre-existing beliefs. Source and Agency explains this.Does he seriously believe that Abraham met God ( or was it an angel representing God and speaking the words of God)? Maybe he believes that Jacob really did wrestle with God. Personally, I think Charles Manson talked more sense when he claimed Revelation chapter 9 talked about the Beatles.

ofcourse Anthony assumes that its impossible for YHWH or God to be present at different places at the same time.
thats why he thinks He must be more persons.

I consider it possible that God as one person is able to be present at multiple places at the same time.

God is ONE!!!