What Pope Francis Needs to Know about Islam (David Wood)

Support Acts 17 videos on Patreon: David Wood is creating EPIC videos | Patreon

Pope Francis was recently asked about violence in Islam. The Pope replied:

“I don’t like to speak of Islamic violence, because every day, when I browse the newspapers, I see violence, here in Italy… this one who has murdered his girlfriend, another who has murdered the mother-in-law… and these are baptized Catholics! There are violent Catholics! If I speak of Islamic violence, I must speak of Catholic violence . . . and no, not all Muslims are violent, not all Catholics are violent. It is like a fruit salad; there’s everything. There ARE violent persons of this religion… this is true: I believe that in pretty much every religion there is always a small group of fundamentalists. Fundamentalists. We have them. When fundamentalism comes to kill, it can kill with the language – the Apostle James says this, not me – and even with a knife, no? I do not believe it is right to identify Islam with violence. This is not right or true.”

Is this a fair response? In this video, David Wood examines an important difference between violence in Catholicism and violence in Islam.

Link to Pope Francis’s full remarks: Full text of Pope Francis' in-flight presser from Poland | Catholic News Agency

For more on jihad, be sure to watch these videos by David Wood:

“Three Stages of Jihad”:

“The Jihad Triangle”:

“The Qur’an and the Siege of Paris”:

“Top Ten Qur’an Verses for Understanding ISIS”

“Three Questions for Moderate Muslims”:

“Is the Qur’an a Book of Peace?”

Does all Muslim are bad. Why you blame islam for few bad Muslim.

Oh God, the pope has become a politician.

Islam was created by the catholic church. RESEARCH IT!

The Catholics and Islam say Mary is a perpetual virgin. Protestants don’t pray to Mary, we love her, just pray to the Father in Jesus’ Name. So if a city was invaded by Muslims and we had to defend our homes, would Catholics take up arms and kill Protestants or join together with Protestants and defend our cities together? I really think the Catholic Church does not understand what it is that the antichrist is. 1 John 2:18 tell us that the antichrist denies the Father and the Son. Well this is what Islam does. Making any other person equal too or an additional Mediator or Mediatrix, sounds like heresy to me too.

Meanwhile Catechism 841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.

Does this Catechism mention the name of our God, YHWH? No, the name of the Muslim god is Allah. Our God is light and in Him there is no darkness but Allah is proud, and the is the best of all deceivers. In our scripture the one who is the best of all deceivers and lifted up in pride is Satan. So how can a god with the attributes of Satan be the method of salvation in the Catholic Catechism? Murdering and raping and stealing everything and burning it all down does not sound like the “fruit of the spirit”.

Meanwhile, all Protestants, though we stand together to feed the poor and clothe them with Catholics, stand also together against abortion, the Catholic Church will never cancel or take back the Council of Trent which calls down anathema upon all our heads. BTW, in the days of the Inquisitions, if the church put you under an anathema, anyone or the state could kill you and you would not be held guilty of any crime. I’ve had Catholics excommunicate me online on YouTube for not believing Mary should be adored and prayed to. I think the Catholics are overboard in love with the Mother Goddess and have made the simple good woman, Mary, into what she cannot be. Only God is omnipresent and omniscient. Mary can hear who? We are not directed to praying to the angles either. Catholics pray to St. Michael the Archangel. They don’t consider that Protestants who do not do these things are Christians, well I rather wonder how the Holy Spirit could lead too groups so much in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile are Protestants defacing Catholic images or burning down churches or killing priests and nuns and raping them? No. We do not seem very dangerous but the Catholic Church’s official position is that they prefer Muslims obviously to Protestants. What if one day they decided to tell Catholics as they once did, to kill their Protestant neighbors as was done in Paris and its surrounding area because a Catholic and Protestant were getting married on St. Bartholomew’s Eve? The most certainly did this. As we are forever under the Anathemas of Trent, legally they can do it again or see any group like the FIrst Peoples of Canada as they did their children in a genocide stretching over decades or as Hitler did, sent the Lutherans to the Eastern Front and let the Russians kill them, since WWII, Germany is no longer Lutheran but predominantly Catholic. Then there was the thing with the Magdalene Laundries where girls who were raped were punished and worked as slaves for the crime of having a young man take advantage of them. So, yes, I do think it is a good question.

I think if one asked this of Theodore Shoebat, he would be glad if the Protestant defended his home, but if the Muslim went next to the Protestant’s home, it does seem he would be very conflicted. Would he stop the Muslim from doing God’s will? Somehow I don’t think so.

We call Catholics and Muslims our friends, and we are being nice and hope they will feel kindly also, but when they put up with the Anathemas and the Catechism 841 and just forgive and forget whatever Muslim will do, but do not afford Protestants the same favor, considering Protestants and Catholics generally live side by side now and do not consider one another enemies … but then would I attend a church which called down anathemas on my neighbor who scripture commands me to love?

I think we may need to watch our supposed friends just as much as the Muslims as they seem like their friendship towards us is not so much like our own towards them.

I find this disturbing and it tells me that what Islam and Catholicism both putting Mary on a pedestal in order to demote what Jesus has done, is so much more beloved to both groups, that they are very tempted to depend only on the graces they receive, supposedly from Mary and as Muslims love Mary too, that it is because Mary is their Mediator which scripture does not hold to at all. Our scripture says there is ONE MEDIATOR between God and man, the God-man, Christ Jesus. The Catholics do not seem to understand that it was Christ who is the Creator AND Redeemer. Mary was not pre-existent, yet in Catholic Churches I’ve seen, they make Mary equal to Jesus. This devotion to Mary which were not spoken of in the Bible but that they love the Qur’an for calling Mary “ever-virgin” while commanding elsewhere that Christians should be killed, cutting at the neck, etc. Who is a Catholic loyal too? His faith in Jesus or his shared faith in Mary?

Theodore Shoebat is on a great crusade against Protestants. Sam Shamoun is fascinated by Catholicism. At some point we need to ask why the only church accepted in the Muslim world is the Catholic one despite that they also undergo some persecution. If Islam tolerates a Christian, does he have a good profession of faith or they just hang out together praising Mary? Muslims pray with beads, Catholics do too. What are they for? The Catholic Church could have acted sooner and helped the Byzantines. They didn’t, they didn’t mind killing loads of Protestants who didn’t like the sale of indulgences and that we should be able to read scripture. Well Catholics can read scripture too and they have not noticed that none of the disciples prayed to Mary or knelt before her or laid on their faces before her? I find myself wondering if Catholics are in love with the Lord Jesus or with the Catholic Church?

Let’s make a catholic out of David Wood. We need people like him.

I’m Catholic and agree :raised_hand: sadly there are good popes and also bad popes
PS David you are so smart, I’m positive that some day you’ll come home to Rome :slight_smile:

I appreciate both Brother David and pope Francis ,both are right , but according to their own position ,I appreciate Brother David for his courage , intelligence and talent ,while in other hand I appreciate pope Francis for his good examples and wisdom.

Dear Pope Francis, ARE YOU CRAZY? Islam preaches terror and to kill nonmuslims. Does Catholicism preach terror and to kill noncatholics?
I’d like to think youre at least a step above Biden but I’m beginning to worry.
Pls forgive me, it’s not my place.
Sincerely,
Peter Michael Paul Miller

Im a Catholic and I can say that John Paul the second was infinetely better than the current pope.

“Pope” Francis has finally lost me this week after his newly expressed support for the LGBT agenda. I still believe that the role of the Pope shouldn’t be about sponsoring LGBT agenda.
We’ve moved from a Pope that was speaking about the crisis of the Church, the crisis of faith, the risk constituted by relativism to a Pope that spends his time showing his support for LGBT movement, that speaks about ecology, that is reducing Christianity to the sole social justice, and now he even wants to revise Judas and claims that Christ has actually saved him… No thank you. I’m done with all this. Give me back Benedict XVI!

Ex Muslim: JESUS CHRIST is the SON of the LIVING GOD
Allah is Satan
Pope is Evil

Thanks David for showing Catholicism is not bibical. May Jesus show them the truth.

POPE FRANCIS LAST YEAR FEB 18
WENT TO THE MOROCCAN KING MOHAMMAD THE POPE MADE A FALSE PEACE WITH SUNNI ISLAM ISLAM WANTS TO CONQUER ROMAN CATHOLICS AND VATICAN
THE POPE THINKS HE’S MADE A PEACE DEAL ISLAM WILL BREAK THE DEAL IT’S WHAT ISLAM DOES THEY FOLLOW MOHAMMAD IBN ABDULLAH SLAVE OF ALLAH
YOUR CAN’T MAKE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL !!!

He knows that and likes that. He’s a freemason.

James don’t listen to candypop laila …just listen Zakir nayak

@Acts17 apologetics. Hi David hope this finds you and your family safe and well. David I’m not a RC but I just watched your latest video about YouTube taking down lots of your brilliant videos. Here’s my reason for sending this so I have just come across a video TITLED THE POPE IS THE ANTI CHRIST, WELL IMAGINE IF THERE WAS A VIDEO UP ABOUT SOME HIGH RANKING MUSLIM CALLING HIM THE ANTI CHRIST HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THIS VIDEO WOULD BE UP FOR. JUST FROM A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST :pray:

The pope is advertising a one world religion which is a way for the anti christ.

The Roman Catholic is a pagan church, merging pagan beliefs with Christianity.

The pope play safe…eventhough he know the truth of islam.He have no courage to protect his own people.Thanks David for your great video.