Why Is Jesus Called "The Son of God"? (Answering Islam Part 20)

When Christians call Jesus “the Son of God,” Muslim apologists are quick to point out that other people are called “sons of God” in the Bible. However, the Muslim response fails to recognize the unique way in which the phrase “Son of God” is applied to Jesus.

This is the twentieth video of our “Answering Islam” series, where David Wood answers the question: “Why is Jesus called ‘the Son of God’?”

For the rest of the series, visit the playlist: - YouTube

PATREON: David Wood is creating EPIC videos | Patreon
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Acts17
FACEBOOK: Facebook
MINDS: Acts17Apologetics (@Acts17Apologetics) | Minds

Did anyone else notice the false equivocation at 4:37??? David claims that John 1:1 says that the Son was with the Father!! That would make it translate like this:

John 1:1 (NASB95) In the beginning was the Son, and the Son was with The Father, and the Son was The Father.

This is clearly wrong according to Trinitarians as Jesus ISN’T The Father. Let’s try it the other way:

John 1:1 (NASB95) In the beginning was the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was God.

This is clearly wrong according to Trinitarians as Jesus isn’t WITH God, Jesus is WITH The Father. Check out a Trinitarian diagram, you’ll see I’m correct, neither reading Trinitarians propose actually fits the Trinitarian model.

What this results in is Trinitarians falsely claiming that ONE of the instances of “God” in John 1 refers to God’s being, and the OTHER instance of “God” refers to The Father ONLY. The problem is that there’s no evidence for this in the text. In fact, Trinitarians frequently claim that cults try to twist the meaning of one or both of the instances of “God” in John 1:1, such as JWs translating one of them as “a god”. You can’t claim this and then do it yourself!

Look up groups like Biblical Unitarians and Christadelphians for a more accurate reading of John 1:1!

Romans 8: 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

2 Peter 1: 4 For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

Romans 8: 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

John 20: 19 So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and *said to them, “[a]Peace be with you.” 20 And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord. 21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them and *said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, their sins [b]have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.”

John 15: 15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He [a]prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already [b]clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit [c]of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so [d]prove to be My disciples. 9 Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

1 John 3: 6 No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him.

John 6: 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me.

John 1: 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were [i]born, not of [j]blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Galatians 3: 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8: 28 And we know that [k]God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

Revelation 14: 4 These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they [a]have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And no lie was found in their mouth; they are blameless.

1 John 5: 18 We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Jesus Christ is called the Son of God because God is his Father.

Apostle Paul was a false prophet too

The son of man has forgiveness of sins while on the Earth

Jesus never said I am the son of god. He says son of man

Thank you so much! You explained so perfectly! :heart:

Stupidity. How can you be a son of God and also God.

Wake up people - too much inconsistent in the bible. Many version with different verses.
Listen to Zakir Naik. He will help you see the truth.

Very informative! Thank you David.

Oh Yeah ! You nailed it… David W! God bless you.

You contradicting yourself.

Yes Jesus is my Lord and my God. No, there is no such thing as a “trinity”. Thank you Jesus for Marrying me and Coming into me with your Resurrected Holy Spirit, Fathering me into your son! As it is written!

So why did God not save his son from crucifixion? If you had a son and he sought help from you and you had the strength, would you let him suffer to death?

Why a son of man whack his father’s head with a hammer is not a red flag.?

Idk…all the sons of God is not a God…
Somehow Jesus the son of God is a God and a son of man… just when the manifestations of
The divination of the Father took place…

There’s a separation between God, who can only be
known from revelation, and creation, which can be known through
human reason. Thus, while God’s existence can be recognized from the
beauty and greatness of creation, only laws based in revelation can
reflect God’s will. This means nothing can comprehend
His Knowledge, without His Will. It also means that when He wills, one can
comprehend His knowledge, but its comprehension will be limited to the extent as
desired by Him. If He so desires, one may not be able to comprehend His knowledge at
all. This shows that all progress in the world of knowledge is subject to His Will. On his
own accord, no human being can make progress. God desires that human faculties, which
are God given, come into play only on a given occasion or situation. The dawn of every
new kind of knowledge, at the proper time, makes us understand this verse. Whenever
He desires He opens a new door of knowledge for us. And He desires so only when we
need it.

Consider a computer software engineer. He creates a program let’s say a robotic screen saver. He tells the program what to do, how to behave and so on. The computer software engineer does not take a piece of his hair, a piece of his nail or anything from his being and put it into the computer program where the code for his robot is. The creation does NOT become the creator it’s impossible. At the same time the robotic screen saver does not know what just created him. Now imagine if that robotic had ZERO knowledge of anything outside his program. Do you think he can guess/imagine how his CREATOR looks like? If anything he will assume it must look like him since that’s all he knows. Same goes for ALLAH he’s beyond anything imaginable because we just can’t comprehend what’s has not been programmed for us to understand.

Another example could be making pancakes :pancakes:. You gather the ingredients, you add the ingredients, you cook the food and WALAH! In no point in time did YOU(the Creator) sliced your finger off and added it to your dish. Again there’s a clear separation between the Creator and the creation.

There are others and prophets called son of God in the Bible and yet Christians don’t acknowledge them to be son of God. So do not call Jesus son of God just because is say so in the Bible. The Bible has many contradictions and mistakes in the Bible do not put your salvation on it.

Moses is instructed to say to Pharaoh "Thus saithe the LORD, Israel is my son, my firstborn. (Exodus 4: 22)

He said to me, ‘Your son Solomon is the one who shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be a son to Me, and I will be a father to him. Chronicles 28: 6

Kenan was the son of Enoch. Enoch was the son of Seth. Seth was the son of Adam. Adam was the son of God. Luke 3: 38

The Quran is the only true word of God available today that is completely not changed by humans not even a one word and there are zero mistakes and contradictions in it

Why will god send his son to earth.

Prophets are angels.
Revelation 22
6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

The Earth is Hell in the future. It gets hit by an asteroid and pushed toward the sun. Isaiah 13:13, 2 Peter 3, and Revelation 9.
After death is defeated Jesus returns the kingdom back to God. 1 Corinthians 15 This is the beginning of the kingdom of God.
Then and asteroid will strike the Earth Revelation 9. It will open up the bottomless pit and knock the Earth out of its orbit toward the sun. The Earth is Hell is the future. The only escape is in the New Jerusalem. It will take the best of humanity and the glory of the nations to a new Earth. This is the beginning of the kingdom of heaven. Peter was given authority over who goes and stays by Jesus.

Not the sun he is the father ???