Why Jesus' Resurrection Matters

Jesus of Nazareth died on the cross, was buried in a tomb, rose from the dead, and appeared to more than 500 people. Here’s what Jesus’ resurrection means to Dr. Gary Habermas, Dr. Mike Licona, Dr. William Lane Craig (Reasonable Faith), Dr. Michael Brown (AskDrBrown), and Dr. David Wood (Acts 17 Apologetics).

Subscribe to William Lane Craig’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReasonableFaithOrg
Subscribe to Mike Licona’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/milico885
Subscribe to Michael Brown’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AskDrBrownVideos

#Jesus #Resurrection

Lennon:Imagine there’s no heaven.
Reply: Emphasis on imagine

Beautifully put by DW and well explained by all parties. Thank you so much for putting this together.

Great video

Gostaria que traduzissem para o português

Your TESTAMONY alone like many who have a change of heart to become the opposite of what they used to be.,is so overwhelming.!.Amein.

Hey David brainless engineer just made a 40 minute rant about your video

Powerful video, David!

Jesus is God

Most wonderful news of all time
It’ll never get old

I like thinking of the trinity like this. Redempter, redemption, redempting

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Nice, a fictional character being vindicated is inspiring to that characters fans. 10/20

The only evidence for the resurrection are the claimed “post-mortem appearances.” There would be no other way to confirm that an actual resurrection had taken place. So the claim solely relies on if these people really saw Jesus alive again.

Well, since Paul uses a “vision” (Gal. 1:12-16, Acts 26:19) as a “resurrection appearance” (1 Cor 15:8) then it necessarily follows that claims of “visions” (experiences that don’t necessarily have anything to do with reality) were accepted as evidence of Jesus “appearing.” This calls into question the veracity of the “appearances.” Based on the earliest evidence in Paul’s letters, claiming Jesus “appeared” could be nothing more than feeling like you communicated with him from heaven in a vision or a dream!

It’s only later, after the gospels are written that we see the appearances grow more physical/corporeal but scholars have long recognized that the gospels don’t actually go back to eyewitnesses and the data they contain grows more fantastic as if a legend is growing. Since Paul is the only verified firsthand source by someone who claimed to “see” Jesus in the first person, and the “appearance” to him was a vision, (not a physical encounter with a revived corpse) which he does not distinguish from the “appearances” to the others in 1 Cor 15:5-8, then the earliest evidence suggests these were originally subjective spiritual experiences. Thus, the resurrection argument fails to meet the burden of proof - “they really saw Jesus alive again.”

While I appreciate Gary Habermas’s work, and I mean no disrespect to his family, I think eternity with an infinite being whose Love and Majesty puts even our greatest imagining to shame is by far the main positive result of the resurrection. Everything else will be infinitesimal compared to that (not in any way bad but, in comparison, almost meaningless).

So to win the salvation war… Satan was behind the resurrection. The first law of of Judaism is they’ll shall have no god before my face. So Satan sends this false messiah who dies on a cross. But after he dies the apostles and the apostle Paul is deceived into rejection of Judaism. So he and the apostles preach a Greco Roman paganism preach a false view damning billions. Breaking the 1st lAw of Judaism. SAtan wins. Leaving only true Jews to saved

Praise Jesus!

GOD bless you and your family. I am thankful for your videos and your biblical guidance. I was interested in taking a course from Karen L. King is the Hollis Professor of Divinity at Harvard University in the Divinity School. Do you have any information on her or this course? I very interested in starting formal education/training on Biblical Studies. Can you give me some advise?

David, what is your thoughts on the Turin shroud? Do you think it is the burial cloth bearing evidence of the crucifixion and the resurrection, even scientists today cannot recreate what is on the cloth. Also the blood type on the shroud matching the face cloth (sudarium) in Spain?

Jesus’ resurrection matters because we can know Him for ourselves, as the disciples did after they received the Holy Spirit. Paul said, 2 Timothy 1:12 b I KNOW whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed to Him against that day.’ Resurrection will come to us all, and will we be like Him? (1 John 3:1 - 6)